Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Saitek no more

Guest over and out

Call me stupid, but I thought that by this time Saitek would have worked out it's buggy hardware and software, since I have seen some better posts about their yoke.So I just got mine, and it blows! Phantom keys all over the place and one of the throttle axis is completely dead.I tried programing with and with out their so called "programing software", I tried to do it with just the FS settings and I tried using FSUIPC, and none of it worked.I have had no problem in the past with FSUIPC and I used it with my X45.In any case, I'm sending the junk back. Luckly AMAZON has a free shipping on returns!That was my last SAITEk purchase....Any suggestions on a yoke and throttle system that I can program for differnent plane types, single prop to 4 engine jets etc, Thanks!

If you want to stay within reasonable financial limits then you really only have two vendors to choose from: CH Products and Saitek.I've had the CH Products Yoke USB, Pro Pedals and the Throttle quadrant for a number of years. Earlier this year I switched to the Saitek Pro flight unit and purchased another throttle unit. I did have to have it replaced two times before I got a working set so I understand your frustration, but now I'm very satisifed.The CH Products throttle quadrant (which is now in my closet...) can be set up to do everything the Saitek throttles does. It has six levers that of course can be assigned to any mix of throttle, mixture and propeller funtion you like. Like the Saitek throttle it also has six extra buttons with two different states each.The products from both vendors are equally plastic and if you want more sturdy units, you also have to pay a price premium although it might be worth it. Take a look here for some of what is available: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/?shopid=L...3&parent_id=287

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest over and out

Thanks for the info. I was really hoping the Saitek would work, I liked it's feel. But I just don't have the time and patience to send it back and forth and work through all the bugs.I will be looking into the CH model now, I just want to fly, I dont want to be a Saitek beta tester ;)

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Just out of curiosity, what are the first two numbers of the serial number of the yoke? (SZ-XXxxxx) ?I have mine over three months now and I'm very pleased with it. No phantom keys, all work great.There is an FS bug(?) however that some think it's the yoke's fault, but it's actually wrong behavior from FS. See my post over at the hardware forum.For its money, its nice.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Maybe you got one of the original models? Who knows how many of them are still out there. I had the same frustration with my early model and sent it back. I never re-bought it, but I heard they fixed all the issues. Sad really, as I really liked the yoke.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest over and out

I didn't note the serial numbers. I did read that some serial numbers were good.I just feel that at this point in time, the proflight has been out for well over a year and by now Saitek should have had at least worked out the bugs, produced patches or recalled all the bad ones, etc. I was really hoping that by throwing the dice I would have been one ofthe lucky few to get one that actually works, but my gamble didn't pay off. I won't waste my time with it.I had a few issues with their X45, but I was able to work through them by not using the Saitek sofware, and programming straight in FS and with FSUIPC. But the yoke was simply horrible and all over the place.So I'll look at another brand.

Guest over and out

You said it!!:-beerchug

James-My experience with the Saitek Yoke and TQ was identical to yours -- identical, right down to the gratitude for Amazon's return shipping policy -- except that I let them replace mine once. When that one still didn't work the whole thing went back, and I'm now back happily flying my old CH Products equipment and can do everything the Saitek did easily using the registered version of FSUIPC. Don't kill yourself with it, you did the right thing. As you say, the feel of the unit was nice but it was a total crap shoot with the phantom button issue, and I've got too much better to do with my time than to sit and try to fix Saitek's lousy testing procedures. There are others here that will tell you all's fixed beyond a certain serial number series, but that's not my experience. Not that CH is perfect, but a 50 - 50 shot of acceptable performance from Saitek just isn't worth it to me.

Hey Over&out,If you live in the US and still want CH, heck, I'll sell ya my set (Yoke, Throttle Quad and Pedals, all for 50% off retail. I switched over to Saitek a few months ago so mine are in storage. Used, but look and work great. Such a deal! (email me if interested).

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit