Sign in to follow this  
Guest Consultant125

Intel Q6600, 4 Gig RAM and performance should be???

Guest Consultant125

Hi All,I recently built a newer PC mainly for FSX and video editing with Premiere Pro 2.0. I am happy with the performance in Premiere but I am not convinced I am getting the best performance I can from FSX, mainly due to confusion over BIOS and memory settings.I think the Corsair XMS2 PC6400 memory should be able to run at 4-4-4-12 (whatever these numbers are) but I am uncertain whether the BIOS picks up on this automatically. Can anyone offer advice?Kind regards,Andrew.www.carillonvideo.co.uk

You should:Set your DRAM Voltage to 2.1V fixed (that is only if you have the RAM I think you have: TWIN2X2048-6400C4).You should set DDRAM Timings to 4-4-4-12 as per specification, and the thing should work at CL4 then. At least mine does, I can go up to 420mhz at least, with the same voltage, but it has no impact on performance in FS.Oh and btw, I don't believe that you are going to gain even a FPS by changing CL5 to CL4. But I guess one should squeeze at least the per-spec performance :-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190194.jpg

Guest D17S

Tweaking memory will provide No discernible difference in FS performance. However O/Cing the CPU will help enormously. Get a good aftermarket CPU cooler and take that Q to 3.6Ghz. In the mean time, reset Everything to Auto and enjoy. It's not a bad system as-is.

Guest poschrob

Hello Andrew,

-> this might be very useful. The download link for the overclocking tool is provided within the videos.I recommend watching them first (all 4) as very useful hints (what to do first, how far you should go, steps etc) are mentioned.Regards,Rob