Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

Repaints of FSD Cheyenne ??

Does anyone know of any good repaints for the FSD Cheyenne 400LS??

try the file library at flightsim.com, I believe they have one or two. Also www.aluminumcloud.com has a couple. Its sad that such a great plane has such few repaints.dave

this is a very very difficult plane to repaint. the format is so 'fractured' that about the only thing you can do without the original painters files (not the .bmp that comes with the package) is the tail area. alignments for the body work is a nightmare, I know, I have tried.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

THanks guys! I went to that Aluminumcloud site and downloaed the Blue and grey one they had.

Mike,I agree in it's current state that the aircraft is difficult to repaint. The gmax version will come with a paint kit template, so repainting should be a bit more user friendly.Best,Owen

I downloaded the Aloha repaint from the site but haven't been able to have it show up with the correct textures. I copied the texture folder from the original Cheyanne and renamed it texture 2 and copied the new .bmp files to that folder, overwriting the original files, as directed. Changed the Aircraft .cfg files and now the plane appears in the aircraft selection as "Aloha" but it still has the original texures. The orignial "Cheyanne" also shows up and it is fine. Any help out there. ThanksJim Golden, GySgt, USMC (Ret.)

Guest Ken Meier

Jim,Two possibilites come to mind. Did you put a . between texture and 2 for the folder name and did you change the aircraft.cfg to texture=2?K

I had the same problem. You have to change the aircraft.cfg file read from the texture.1 folder ( put notes in () to show)And you need to modify the paint.cfg file in the texture folderhere is my aircraft.cfg[fltsim.1]title=FSD Piper Cheyenne 400 Gray Bluesim=FSD Piper Cheyenne 400 v2model=panel=sound=texture=1 (MAKE SURE THIS HAS THE CORRECT #) kb_checklists=FSD PIPER CHEYENNE 400_CHECKkb_reference=FSD PIPER CHEYENNE 400_REFui_manufacturer=Piperui_type=Cheyenne 400ui_variation=Blue & Grey atc_id_enable=1atc_id=N7984Eeditable=0atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=here is the paint.cfg(once again make sure the texture is pointing to the right oneui_variation=Blue & Grey texture=1atc_id=N7984Etitle=FSD Piper Cheyenne 400 Gray Bluedescription=Piper Cheyenne 400LS by FSD for FS2002. Aircraft model by Jim Goldman. Flight Model by Steve Small. Instrument panel and systems by Tim Dickens. Copyright

thanks...No need to make amends. You have an excellent product, one that is only 1 of 5 aircraft on my system and will remain my prop twin of choice for some time, with the others being;PIC767 (heavy jet)DF734 (light jet)PSS Dash (turbo prop)DF177 (light ga)with that list, I am done (except for possibly the Meridain)At no time do I expect the developers to provide an 'easy' painting template (unless it is specifically part of the product). I would much rather the time be spent in the aircraft department as you and your crew has done, above and beyond. LS400, easy to repaint? not really, should it be? not really, great plane? YES!please dont take my novice painting comment as a negative, it was never meant that way.BTW, looking forward to seeing your new releases :-)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K