Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain787

advice for upgarding CPU

Guest Captain787

Hello Guys;Please help me for good decision; unfortunately one month after upgrading my PC to this specification: CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850MB: GA-P36-DS3R (Rev. 2.1)VGA: 8800GT 512MB (XFX alpha dog edition, 670Mhz)Intel released his 45nm series!I don

Guest firehawk44

FSX is CPU intensive so upgrading the CPU is a plus. I did a search on google of "E6850 vs E8500" and the consensus was to upgrade. Some really liked the E8500, some hated it. But they also state you can overclock the E6850 to run about as fast as the E8500 so overclocking might be a great option too. Never heard about FSX being very sensitive to clock speed and cache memory. The faster the clock speed, the faster FSX will run but, if you overclock too much, your system (any system) will probably crash due to lack of proper cooling or inadequate power supply (as examples). You will never find a CPU benchmark for FSX. Some individuals on AVSIM have tried to run benchmarks but it's extremely difficult based on all the variations of individual systems and the setup within FSX. If you can safely overclock a CPU greater than 4GHz, I could safely state you'll have no problems running FSX (big smile here). Hope this helps.Jim

JMHO, and your currently a good step above me, but hold on for Nehalem, unless your money is burnin'. JMHORegards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

"You will never find a CPU benchmark for FSX."Not true. Not entirely true anyway.Check out: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-gp...de,1928-10.htmlGranted, they don't use the most up to date processors, but for the most part, it's plan to see the association of clock speeds to frame rates. I will be running a Q9450 myself and intend to OC it to 3.2 GHz, and with my 9800GTX, I plan to see good frame rates based on what these charts say.Again, I know it's not really the ultimate benchmark, especially when considering the aforementioned infinite number of variables involved with FS frame rates. However, I think that information gives a pretty solid look in to performance expectations.~Nate

Guest Captain787

Thanks for replies , I think it will be better that I am waiting for E8600 (3.33Ghz) but I hope my MB can support it.