Sign in to follow this  
theflyeroz

Rudder Pedals - Brake question

Hello,Could someone tell me whether the toe brakes on the saitek rudder pedals, or any other brand for that matter, allow for gradual braking, as opposed to on/off as is the default situation using buttons? If not, is this something configurable with FSUIPC?Thanks for any response.Tony

I'm using the CH Rudder Pedals and yes the toe brake is digital proportional. I did not have to use FSUIPC to set it up. Haven't had experience with the Saitek brand, but I would assume they also apply gradually.Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

I use the CH pedals. My main comment is that the resistance seems low, with the result I have a hard time keeping the same braking on both pedals. I use fsuipc to set a slope on the braking response, so it is "flatter" at first. The pedal position is sent as an axis to FS, meaning it varies over a range of 0-255 increments. You can use sensitivity and null zone as well.scott s..

Guest Shalomar

I recently upgraded to Saitek Pro Pedals and X52 Pro joystick.Yes you have fully proprtinal control over the brakes, and there is an adjustable tension spring. Overall I am very happy, though the pedals once jammed all the way to the right. Instead of telling me to send the pedals back, Saitek sent me a mod kit and instructions how to take the pedals apart and fix them. They were refurbished when I bought them, I can only hope that new pedals come with the modifcations to prevent jamming already installed.Often on a STOL takeoff I let the engines spool up to full power before I release the brakes. Many aircraft need a mod to the .cfg to make this possible. Shortly after getting the pedals, I noticed that one of my aircraft which used to hold still with brakes at takeoff power was moving. So I removed the null zone and set sensitivity to max. My brakes are now just as strong as before the pedals. So I also took out my joystick null zones and set sensitivity to max. Flying a chopper or staying behind the tow plane in a glider is now much easier, not harder. Some of my aircraft actually fly better; the RealAir Marchetti now seems much more nimble and less susceptible to accelerated stall at the bottom of a loop. Another aircraft that behaves better is the Trike, before form drag seemed to build up rapidly in the flare and result in a touchdown just hard enough to register as a crash. Now it behaves itself in the flare. All of my aircraft are much more fun to fly, but those two in particular benefited.Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.