Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW083

Motherboard/processor combo

I am a very big fan of FS 2002 and I intend to upgrade for better proformance. I want to spend less than $460.00 for a motherboard & processor combo. Pricewatch.com has many motherboard options. Which motherboard is a good pick with an XP 2700 processor? I dont really care about the onboard video or sound options. Thanks in advance.

Guest BAW083

Don't know how much it costs where you are but here in the UK, you can buy a XP2700 and a ASUS A7N8X Deluxe for under

Thanks Chris;Thanks for the info. I found the Asus A7N8X Delux nForce2 on Pricewatch.com for $501.00. Could you tell me just what the nForce2 would do for the extra $40.00?Thanks againWillie

Guest BAW083

MSI also have a nForce2 board out which seems to been virtually identical to this ASUS.I can't remember the product code but it's somewhere in this forum.As Greg says it's worth shelling out that bit more.

Guys;What do you think about the PC3500 DDR Ram for the XP 2700?

Guest BAW083

Is that DDR400?I don't know. If you can get it then by all means do so.I certainly wouldn't fork out for the upgrade from 333 to 400 mhz memory though.