I'm getting multiple monitors shortly. Can someone tell me how to put different views on different monitors?Thanks.Dewey

Guest harleyman52

What is your OS...And what views do you want...

Dewey- I can speak only for XP & FS9 with multiple 2D views. On my setup, that's triple mons/ triple views for a field of view of 150

Harleyman? Does that imply you ride a Harley? I've had about a dozen different bikes through the years (motocross, enduro, and road bikes). Three of those were Harley full dress hogs. Of all those bikes I loved the Harley's the best. I miss mine every time the sun shines. Those curvy back country rodes through small towns really beckon.Well, anyway, back to flight sim. My OS is Windows XP. The views I want are forward, quarter left and quarter right on three monitors.Thanks for the response.Dewey

Morning Dewey- the views you want- ("quarter left & right") are not offered in Flight Sim. FS views are ALL ONLY 45

Guest harleyman52

>Harleyman? Does that imply you ride a Harley? YES....LOl This one now.....

Ok, go ahead. Rub it in. ;o)By the way, the lady on the squat pad looks like she has thoughts of grabbing that throttle herself. You'd better watch out or you'll be riding back there soon!Dewey

Thank you, Alex. I really appreciate your response.Dewey

This is an absolutely incredible response - not only in its helpful content, but in the generosity of the time and effort taken to prepare and send it. So often when someone asks a question on a forum they get cryptic responses such as, "RTFM", or "this has been discussed a hundred times", or various other rude jabs from folks less willing to help a fellow simmer.This gentleman deserves a big gold star on his chart.In thinking about such a setup, it would seem that using the hat switch to slew my view around the cockpit is not going to work well once the multiple monitor setup is done. Is that right?By the way, I thought your mailing tube and pointy end of a wedge of pizza analogies were clever, and actually pretty accurate.Thanks again for your very helpful response.dewey>Dewey- I can speak only for XP & FS9 with multiple 2D views.>On my setup, that's triple mons/ triple views for a field of>view of 150

Dewey- Thanks for the compliment.Once you've got the three views working and synchronized, the Hat Switch becomes a bit redundant. However it is still useful since if you click on say, left monitor, the HatSw will change that view from View Left Fwd to View Left. Handy to check for traffic before entering the runway.While speaking of views- I also have Top Down View mapped to "INSERT" on the KB. Click to set focus on a sec. mon then hit INSERT to put up Top Dn View while still maintaining two views ahead. Similarly MAP VIEW is assigned to "DELETE" & used same way. And of course a sec mon is extremely useful to briefly overlay COM or OVERHEAD panels. --------Setting the "Z" bezel correction accurately in Panel Config really has an impact on fooling your eyes into seeing three mons as ONE. Here's how-Taxi into a location so you have a building/hangar in main mon that is wider than the combined two bezels. Save that Flight. You can call it "Bezel Calibration". With a piece of paper held to the screen, make pencil tick marks to represent width of the building.Using Slew, rotate the aircraft so the hangar now straddles the bezels- appears a portion on either side.Now change/increase the Z values in Panel Config by say 4

Yes, I remember the old army Harley 45 well. An old friend of mine had one, also.I'm anxious to try out the adjustments you have outlined for me. I have printed them all and put them into a notebook so they will be handy when I get the third monitor.I went ahead and tried using the two I have for front and quarter left (to help flying a left hand pattern). Even with just those two the effect is considerably more realistic than a single monitor with that "pointy end of the pizza" view.I selected monitors with very narrow bezels (about 3/4"). But they are the wide screen variety and I'm trying to find a resolution that will give me fill screen out to the bezel without overlapping. I can't undock and stretch a view beyond the boundaries of the resolution it is set to, so I guess I'll need to set it wider, udock it, and compress it inward until it fits.Thanks again. You have been very helpful and it is much appreciated. Folks like you really make these forums worthwhile.Dewey

Guest harleyman52

>Ok, go ahead. Rub it in. ;o)>>By the way, the lady on the squat pad looks like she has>thoughts of grabbing that throttle herself. You'd better>watch out or you'll be riding back there soon!>>DeweyLOL Dewey.......She sold hers...I think she just perfers now to sight-see......Let me have all the fun...Sounds like your triple monitors is going to be really nice.....

Dewey/Alex;Just as an alternative, my hat switch isn't redundant as I fly exclusively in 2D panel mode and have added a pan_in_cockpit_mode=1 line to the CONTROLS section of my fs9.cfg file and set up FSUIPC to allow me to pan with the hat switch. I got tired of trying to align my 3 views via settings in all the panel.cfg files and use my hat switch to align the left and right views. Up until a few days ago I had a 19 inch for foward looking view and 2 17 inchers for left forward and right forward. Now that I have 3 identical monitors it's just that much easier.

Chuck- good idea to use panning/via hat switch to set view angle. How small a shift can you get with a single click? I've found that playing with bezel correction down to 1/10