Depending on the pan rate I set I can get it "infinitely" fine. The rate is a number value you key in and I've had it as high as 400 which is a very fine adjustment, but a very, very slow rate.What's the "twist(y) value"?

Chuck- "Twist" or Y value, rotates the view left or right within the monitor.Very useful to ensure the horizon is one long straight line - not curved up or down. This setting corrects for the height of your eyes versus the screen- eyes high: horizon curves down and vice versa. Sort of the equiv. of raising/lowering your seat to straighten the horizon. (No, you DON'T see the earth's curvature at 40,000 ft.- it should be a straight line across the three mons!)"Y" is espec useful to true up the horizon when the secondary monitors are angled toward you and/or all mons are tilted away for viewing comfort. My arrangement has left mon at 45

Alex: I've heard you mention this value before but I've not been able to locate it in my panel.cfg. Can you tell me where it is, and what you settings are?

Chuck- VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT(left)_EYE= a,b,c seems to appear on some add-on planes just above the VIEW-----DIR= line in Panel Config. Just checked and it is there on the DreamFleet Baron & ATR72 but not on PMDG planes nor is it, if I recall, on FS default airplanes. If your plane has the DIR line but not EYE---, I think just add the EYE line above it. Of course it is only useful if you have virtual objects in the secondary views.With planes that don't have the DIR line such as defaults there is a procedure to add these lines- which I have used, but escapes my old mind at the moment. ( I have it copied down in a file somewhere.)Been awhile now, but I think first EYE value+- moves the object laterally, second value is up/down and third rotates.There seems to be a limit to how far you can move something before strange things go bump in the night!I can check files if you want more info.With the Baron, EYE settings are: Right=1.4,0.0,0.2 Left=0.6,0.0,0.0But these will be unique to my monitor positions/angles/tilt.Of course another approach is to simply delete these secondary virtual artifacts with a Hex editor and gain some FPS! Cheers.Alex Reid

Thanks, Alex!And here's another trick I've just discovered when lining up views using my hat switch: My default flight is set up with my screens perfectly sized and the horizon all lined up, but each time I select a new aircraft all 3 views are straight ahead. I don't even waste my time trying to set the right and left forward views while sitting still at the gate. I wait until I'm moving to do it -- usually during pushback. That way I see immediately how my angles of perspective are affected in my current aircraft, and my screens line up a lot quicker - first time . . . every time. :-jumpy

Chuck- do you always start with a default flight? I never found it made any difference- so I just start with any saved flight that catches my fancy.Since I have the Panel Config monitor alignment values stored for each aircraft, they all start up correctly- except I have to reset view RF on the right mon by a single num 9 keystroke.(doesn't reopen to same view as saved- don't know why)My left mon is smaller than the others- 17 vs 19, so I use a small amount of ZOOM to equalize object sizes. When starting up a saved flight this ZOOM always opens one point less than saved ZOOM. Solution is to add one point of Zoom before saving!Alex Reid

No, Alex. I never start in saved flight but always at the gate for my next destination. But as long as you use the same aircraft no matter where you start FS9 will open exactly the way you've saved your default flight -- mine is Overland's 737-800.And no matter what aircraft you use or where you start at, FS9 always rememberst the size of your windows (I fly in windowed mode) and the horizon alignment, and I have set those to my exact specifications in my default flight.