Sign in to follow this  
Guest harryrupert

ATI HD 3870 X2 Conflict I think

Guest jonny-jo

Hi everybody,I have posted on the ctd forum but think I have a hardware problem.Having reformated, latest drivers , clean reinstall of FSX, my system still crashes after 5 - 10 minutes. The only item that I think it could be is the graphics card being an HD 3870 X2. I have just taken delivery of this system so its not too late to change to Nvidia if thats what it takes to get FSX up and running. Has anyone else had a major problem with the system just not being stable at all?Thanks,JohnIntel Core 2 Quad QX9650 o/c to 4. 0 GhzASUS Maximus Extreme Intel X38 ExpressASUS Radeon HD 3870 X2 1 GB4 gb ram OCZ DDR3 PC10666 (1333Mhz)WD Raptor 150GBSeagate Barracuda 500gbEnermax Galaxy 1000WThermaltake ArmourThemaltake Cooling Bigwater 7452 x ASUS DVD/RWWindows Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1

Guest UlfB

Does "system crashes" equal to getting blue screens/instant reboots?Have you tried to "remove" your OC and reset BIOS settings to default? Do you still get system crashes with the ATI card?Ulf B

Guest SoarPics

Have you adjusted the VC fans speeds? The .1173 version of ATI Tray Tools will allow you to adjust the fan.Hope this helps,

Guest jonny-jo

Sorry I should have myself clearer. Its FSX that crashes. At first I was getting the blue screen and reboot. I have reformatted the drive with a new install of the O/S which now ok. When FSX crashes the screen message reads: "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working" and then under: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available - and a close program button.( No solution) I have had another message which is Fatal Error. Must admit I am very frustrated! BTW I haven't touched the FSX.cfg file either. I really don't know what to do.I could reset the bios to default but the temps ok at 27c and seems very stable. I just wonder if its worth changing the ATI card?John

Guest jonny-jo

Is anybody using a HD 3879 x2 with vista 64 successfully running FSX?If so I would really appreciate their hardware setup please.Thanks