Now I have a problem. Both the 169.25s and the 175.16s work equally well. Any suggestion as to which one to choose?

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Tried the 175.19 and I am getting alot of stutttttttterrrrrssssss. Oh well at least I tried.

Jim Wenham

Guest Nick_N

174.74 beta still the best here

Unfortunately, I installed the 175.19's and UTX USA around the same time, so it took me some fiddling to figure out it was these .19's causing all the stuttering.So add me to the list of major stuttering in FSX with these drivers. (Vista64)

Thanks Nick, I will try that out and see how it goes.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Nick,Do you find it best to limit the frames with the 174.74's or Unlimited? Each driver seems to be different. I'm running an 8800.

Guest Nick_N

I have never mentioned limiting or unlimiting frames was driver relatedDoing that is system based and also based on the scenery being flownFor me and with every single driver and card I have ever used, I set to unlimited frame lock in any heavy urban/airport environment and then lock at 30 once 20-30NM outside of those areas or when starting out in rural or bush areas. No exceptionsI also run the same excact Nhancer settings for every version of Nv driver since May of last year

Guest tmond

Nick.Even better than the 174.16Tim

>The drivers are working just fine for me with FSX. Actually>they are the best drivers I have used to date for FSX. >Couldn't be happier.Interesting . . . I get audio pops with these drivers. Had to go back to 169.21QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Nick -I can't find the 174.74 driver on the Nvidia download site. Not in the archives!??Bruce

Guest Nick_N

174.74 XP: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_174.74.htmlI can not vouch for Vista: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_174.74.htmlWhen looking for beta drivers and older ones use this search feature with the BETA flaghttp://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-usand be carefull.. its a bit strange and resets some options like OS when you change the card typeThose drivers are listed for 9 series cards but install fine for 8's

Try them for yourself. Just because it works best for him doesnt mean it will for you. Just to show you so, I have tried them all and the 174.16 works best for me. You cant rely on one persons experience with a driver because every system is different in so many ways so you just have to try it and see for your self. Finding the right driver and slider settings go hand in hand and is sorta like finding your true love, you will know it when you have it.:-beerchug

Jim Wenham

Thanks a bunch Nick! I've got XP and an 8800 Ultra. I'll give'em a shot.