Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Vista 64 bit vs Vista 32 bit

Hi,I will soon be getting a new system and most all the posts that I read FSX does better with 64 bit version. I will have 4 GB of ram at 800 mhz dual boot system Q 9450 O/C'ed 8800 GT. 790i MB. I will be flying FSX most of the time however, I do play other games from time to time and I was wondering if 64 bit would be compatible with other games? My 5 yr old system that I am using for FS9 and other games now is an Alienware: xp pro, Intel P4 3.20 ghz, 2gb memory, Radeon 850 x,(up grade from 9800PRO)Intel MB BZ87510A, 320.1 gb raid 0 volume HD, I've had FSX well over a year still in the box not opened, waited patiently for new system that would run it. Also on dual boot systems I guess since I'll need double virus protection with 2 HD's. suggestions appreciated.Thanks Hychewright

Regards

Lamar Wright

Guest harleyman52

You'll want the 64 for FSx as it will only then use all your ram.....virus.... Dual boot.....Hmmm... Different drives..Well,virus usually attack the drive where the OS sits...... I use freeware so I just would put one on each drive to be safe....But if usinf payware you can have it scan both drives ,so I don't have a real good answer on that...Sorry...Keep looking though....I leave mine off most times while flying,and run it at night and have it shut down my rig....

I've just recently saw a worm (and cleaned it) that installs itself as a hidden autorun file on every drive, starting as soon as you double click a drive. Also after that it installed itself into registry and system32 folder with a random name.

Hey thanks, I'll be safe and protect both drives. I here that nod 32 is a good virus protection software that does not have much if any impact on your system. Did you have digital storm install your 280x while being built? I don't guess you need Nhancer with the 280x? They are building me a system with a 280x in one an d my FSX system will have the 8800 gt 512 mb. I told them to install 64 bit version in both systems..... Ouch, there goes my play money for a long time!!!!!!!

Regards

Lamar Wright

Did you detect the worm yourself or did your spyware catch it? Do you use bit defender? ThanksLamar

Regards

Lamar Wright