Sign in to follow this  
Guest pegasus60

PMDG 747X

Guest pegasus60

Hello all, please be a little patient as am new to all this , i have started useing pmdg 747x on vista but as hard as i try i just cannot get the frame rates right, can anyone help as i'm quickly loseing patience, and thr0wing it in the bin seems a waist of money . heeeeeelp pleeeeeeeze .

The PMDG 747 is a resource demanding aircraft. Could you please post the details of your computer as well as your configuration settings for FSX so that we may better assist you?

You need the above posters system to run the PMDG747 fluidly. At least that why I am assuming he posted his specs.Chris,

yeah, the 747x is a hog.....much like FSX lolAnd, his specs are simply in his signature, like mine

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest pegasus60

Hi again , my pc specs are , intel core 2 duo @ 2 gig 2 gig memory 300 gig sata h/d nvidia 8500gt card vista 32 bit system, Hope someone can help , my other half is threatening divorce cos i'm so moody , lol .

Guest pegasus60

Mind you looking at the systems you guys have it looks like i need some cash to upgrade , if only it was that easy ,:-hang

Guest D17S

With that rig, your best bet is to stick with FS9. The PMDG airplane's modeling is identical. Notice they even recently released a SP for the vFS9. That was for you, especially. If you want to try FSX, go into the settings screens and shut off Everything. Leave the resolution at your monitor's default. You can have anisotropic filtering and the 3D cockpit, but that's it. Every slider and click box OFF. Leave frame rates unlocked. Set up an approach to LAX 25R. What do you get over the city at 3K and 200 knots? Anything above 30 FPS will be a miracle. However if you get 30, try a bit more load. Go to the scenery tab and set LOD radius, mesh complex and Tex res to full right. Mesh res to 10m. Keep this in mind. This is all Vcard stuff. These settings should NOT load your CPU. Run it again. If frames tank, you are Vcard limited. You are pretty much done. Play with just these sliders til it become bearable.If it's still running, let's see how much the CPU can take. Give it One notch of autogen, One notch only. Try it. OK?. Go another. ALL the other settings are CPU stuff. You have X amount of CPU power available. It's up to you about how you want to divi it up. Go with one til your FPS run out of gas, then back it off a notch. If you want something else, turn that setting down to make room for that other feature . . . and so it will go. And so it goes for us all. The box does not yet exist that does not force its user to play this 'settings game' to one degree or another.

Guest SkullxBones

I saved a display profile just for the PMDG747 so I can load it each time I fly it. No car/boat traffic, lowest water, low autogen, no GA traffic. I basically turn everything down except for airliner traffic, which I set as high as I can while still maintaining at least 13-15 FPS on the ground at the busiest airports. Once I'm in the air my frames are fluid. Also, you can turn off the first officers display in the PMDG menu and also adjust how often the cockpit display gets refreshed which might help. You just have to accept the fact that with complex aircraft you have to lower you graphic settings. Fortunately, the 747 doesn't spend a lot of time flying low and slow taking in the sights so you really won't miss the graphic detail that much.

Guest D17S

Even with my quad at 3.6, that's what I had to do too. But above 10K it doesn't matter what cha got. Get GEX, a good landclass and enjoy the view. It's really pretty spectacular from FL 350.

Guest pegasus60

Many Many thanks to you all , very helpfull , take care all.:-wave