Sign in to follow this  
Guest SuperFortress

Overclocking Question

Guest SuperFortress

The following article shows a setup which is almost identical to mine except for the memory. The article states that it was very easy to take that setup to 4.27Ghz and even tells you how. I've tried the settings that they mentioned but it simply does not work for me. So far the highest I can go is 3.8Ghz. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? Thank you.http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware...x48-dq6/15.html

Guest D17S

You'll need a good CPU cooler and ram rated a least to DDR1066. Other than that, 4.0 is a good O/C for that CPU. Beyond that is bragging rights.

Guest SuperFortress

>You'll need a good CPU cooler and ram rated a least to>DDR1066. Other than that, 4.0 is a good O/C for that CPU.>Beyond that is bragging rights.Im currently using the stock CPU cooler which came with the CPU and my current memory is DDR2 1150 (PC2 9200).

>>You'll need a good CPU cooler and ram rated a least to>>DDR1066. Other than that, 4.0 is a good O/C for that CPU.>>Beyond that is bragging rights.>>Im currently using the stock CPU cooler which came with the>CPU and my current memory is DDR2 1150 (PC2 9200).Stock Cooler!! :(

Guest D17S

Yea, I know. These guys are so spooked to use their CPU's available thermal envelope. It's good to see some real world examples of how well built (and rugged) these little troopers are. It's how they were - Actually - built to run. Stock coolers.

>does not work for me. So far the highest I can go is 3.8Ghz.>Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? Thank you.>Then the stockcooler for the penryn is rather good.

Guest Bud

HiDon't know if you're still looking at this Forum but I've only just seen your post. I have a very similar set up to yours, but I can only get my x48 oc to 3 ghz. To me 3.8 seems like the Holy Grail. Would you be willing to share your BIOS settings in an attempt to improve my feeble effort.Bud

Guest SuperFortress

>Hi>>Don't know if you're still looking at this Forum but I've only>just seen your post. I have a very similar set up to yours,>but I can only get my x48 oc to 3 ghz. To me 3.8 seems like>the Holy Grail. Would you be willing to share your BIOS>settings in an attempt to improve my feeble effort.>>BudI believe I was using this link as a refernce, however I did not see any significant performance gains in FSX. Give it a shot and let me know. I'm currently running my E8500 at its regular 3.16Ghz.http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboard...ga-x48-dq6.html

Guest Bud

Many thanks - just have a feeling that I'm not going to get much improvement with my set up. Anyway I'll try these.Bud