Sign in to follow this  
Guest Icemaker_99

CH Yoke Assignment

Guest Icemaker_99

Just got my first yoke; really enjoying it.I have a question about the two levers beside the throttle; The middle I use on the ground as a steering wheel when flying heavies. I dont know what it does in the air.The third one I have not discovered a use for. I assume it is programmed for something; I think I would like to use it for "reverse thrust" after landing. I can find and change assignments for all the buttons, but am not sure how to do that for the levers. Any help would be appreciated.Marty in Brantford

Hi Marty,By default, FS assigns them to (left to right) Throttle, Mixture, and Prop Pitch. The latter two probably serve no purpose in the jets so you can assign them to control any axis that you think you'll find useful. Elevator trim is my favorite. It frees the rocker on the yoke and analog trim is far superior to the button clicks.Anyway, just use them for what you want. They're just a couple of free axes, nothing special about them, you can assign them to any axis FS provides.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com