Hi guys,I am buiding a new watercooled system with a q6600,geforce 8800 ultra video card , 2 seagate hd , but i am not sure what psu i need ?1000w or 1200w ?Can someone help me with this?Best regards,G

Guest UlfB

Hi,How did you end up calculating the options 1000W and 1200W?Here is one PSU calculator tool: http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/PowerI'm sure that there are better tools around and hopefully som experts may help you out on links to them.Ulf B

Well considering I have run my rig, which is pretty similar to what you are buying minus a few bits, on a quality 480W PSU for nearly two years now without issue, you should get by with just a little more. 650W to 750W should easily do it with margin to boot. 1000W or 1200W is overkill.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest ziporama

You have to factor in a few things in sizing your PSU. Here's how I do my computation:Video card: 300W per (taking the worst case scenario)CPU: 100 to 150W per cpu Peripherals: 100WSafety margin: 20%Comments:Power supply efficiency is usually it's best when the power supply is not fully loaded. The better supplies out there will give you about 85% efficiency, meaning, you loose about 15% of power to heat converting the input to the DC output. Also, only if you are in the sweet spot, somewhere between 50% and 70% depending on the quality of the PSU, do you take advantage of the peak efficiency. In practice, a slightly oversized power supply will decrease your monthly bill slightly because you are maximizing the supply's efficiency, you are stressing components less, which usually means quieter power supply, less heat, and more component life. Another factoid is the size of the components generally makes them better at filtering and handling poor quality electrical service and passing that on to your PC. This filtering won't be as effective as using a good UPS with an on-line inverter, but it does help protect the computer some.Not all power supplies are created equal, and you will want to review benchmarks out there. Don't get the cheapest, don't get the most expensive, save your money by not going modular unless you have major airflow issues in your case.Most mainstream PC vendors will give you the absolute minimum power supply that will run their configuration and that does work. I also find it interesting that vendors' high end gaming boxes have a very high end power supply for which you pay a handsome premium.I would seek out lab benchmarks on power supplies before you buy, there is some excellent information on the web on this.Hope this helps,Etienne

This one will work fine:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139002Very high quality psuIt's not all about the watts these days, more about 12v rails and Amps

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

thanks guys for the advice,Best regards,G