Sign in to follow this  
Guest kerel

Acer Predator

Guest kerel

Here in the Netherlands we are able to buy this great gamer. But what do you think about it, special for FSX? The site http://www.acer.com/predator/The cheapest one is the Sniper with:Intel

SLi is a waste of time, if you read a lot of reviews it dont work well and certainly has no affect in fsx. Youd be better off upgrading the cpu to the 9550 2.8 ghz it will give a performance boost. you would also be better off getting 2 smaller hard drives and putting FSX on one by itself ( even on its own partition ) that way it will reduce the fragmentation when installin uninstaling stuff. As for ram if its vista ye get 4 gig but 1066 mhz or faster ram. And go for a 9800 series card.The 9600 series have 64 shaders the 9800 have 112 i believe and they are not that much more expensive.

Guest Jeffhew

Hi Loek,I agree that SLI is a waste for FS9 or FSX. The motherboard is an Nvidia 780i. As I understand it, the 780i doesn't overclock very well at all with quads. You might want to look at the newer intel boards if you want to overclock. I'm guessing it will ship at 2.5GHz though I can't find it on the site. The RAM would concern me only as to the manufacturer. I've used ACER systems in the past and they have always had value memory. I can't find anything about the memory they use on the site. I would definitely inquire about that first. The 9xxx video cards are a little stripped down from the newer 8xxx series cards but seem to work well nonetheless. I'd opt for a dedicated sound card over on-board sound but that's a personal preference. You might also consider a different monitor. The Acer monitors I've seen just don't stack up for my taste.Just my 2 cents, or .000005 Euros, depending on how you look at it. :7 Best Regards,Jeff