Sign in to follow this  
Guest rvflyer

System ok for FSX?

Guest rvflyer

Hello all. Am curious as to whether my new build I am in the middle of will support FSX. I am building my "own" system so I do not have to share, can be set up with yoke and pedals at all times, and I have 2 monitors for now.Anyway, I am using the following: Intel Core 2 Q6600 CPU, 4 MB of DDR2 RAM, MSI P7N SLI Platinum mobo, a 200 GB HD and a 80 GB HD, both of which are WD 7200RPM type; and a GeForce 8800 GT video card ( 512MB). I fly some of the smaller airplanes, and will have one commercial, either a B737 or B757. Right now I am using FS9 and enjoying stellar performance for the most part....hate losing my addons..Anyway, fire away. I read the posts here daily and appreciate all the constructive criticism. Thanks in advance for the help.Bill

Guest Redvan

will it support it? Yes.as to what settings you will be able to run on... i'm not sure, but from what i hear you should get pretty good performance out of it. I'll let the experts answer that for you though, as i'm in the middle of my own build currently :D

Guest D17S

If you can get that Q to 3.6, that's the perfect rig right now. Use Vista 64 and you're all set. With the default airplanes in FSX and: 1) An 8800GT, "Terrain and Water" settings get all Max 'cept water to 2xlow. These settings are all Vcard related. The 8800GT allows these settings to be run full up and more Vcard is useless.2) Any core2 Quad at 3.6, "Scenery Objects" settings get all Max and "Traffic" gets 10%. These are all CPU clock speed related. You can trade-off between Traffic and Scenery Objects. Big addon airplanes are CPU related. You will "spend" Scenery Objects and Traffic. You gotta turn 'em down. For instance, the PMDG airplane "spends" 3 notches of Autogen and All Traffic. With that Q at its default 2.4, Scenery Objects and Traffic setting (are CPU clock speed related and thereby) must be reduced by by 30-40%. It matters that much. The 8800GT will still allow Terrain and Water to run as described.