Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Core Temp vs. Real Temp vs Speed Fan vs AI Suite

>>It comes stock with a 12cm fan in the middle of the case blowing over the GPU. The one I bought has that too. Because of my inexperience with the amount of heat the nVidia 8800 GTX made me think something was wrong. I didn't want to wait to install, or really get involved with, liquid cooling at that late date -- I just wanted to fly. The extra 3 fans were "off the shelf" items I found at BestBuy one day for less than 50 bucks, so I grabbed them and put them in just to see if they would help. I think the Vortex floor fan blowing into the side and across the back of both of my computers is probably overkill, but with the systems close to the wall it really does push a lot of heat away -- and I didn't pay anything for that. I really don't want to run with the side off because we have two dogs and two cats and there is a LOT of fur flying around our home -- I clean my cases out every weekend as it is -- and besides, that blue LED fan looks so cool! :-)I had some pics of my final build showing my crazy cooling configuration, but I can't find them right now. Thanks for all the ideas -- your sig. alone saved me a ton of research time.