Sign in to follow this  

Apparently FS2K2 doesn't like older aircraft.

I've just tried a flight (several times, actually) with the 727 from Mr. Trinkle(it came with panels also) (LP727v20.zip). Now, I realize, that I've been spoiled by those aircraft included in MSFS 2002 Pro, they made it easy for us idiots. FS2K2 seems to be addicted to GPS. I've created and exported a flight plan from FSnav, Denver (DIA) to Chicago (O'hare),with the 727, and attempted to fly it. I stuck with "navaid-to-navaid" as the aircraft and panel don't do GPS, which is as it should be. ATC seems to think I should be following a GPS course (I guess) because it is always asking me to turn or alter altitude...when I'm straight and level, and on "the line" to the VOR. The flight plan I exported to FS2K2 from FSNav shows up when the GPS screen is opened in flight, and looks to follow the FSnav navigation points. Why is ATC being so anal? I'm where I'm supposed to be...to the dot. Any ideas? prowler(Looking for his FS98 and FS2K disks as you read this)

It should work. Just make sure when you load your FSnav created FP into the FS2K2 flight planner that your navaid waypoints show up on your FP, as shown on the edit tab, and that you do NOT click on the find route button on the create tab. ATC may fuss you around a little to get you on the course, but from then on it should be per the navaids you've programmed. Also note that if you do a short hop (ie. 80nm or less), ATC may start vectoring you in for landing soon after, or even before, getting you on course, which may make it appear to be ignoring your flight plan. KDEN to KORD should be plenty long enough to spend quality time 'on course' with ATC.Gary

Guest RonB49

> or alter altitudeDid you remember to set your altimeter to 29.92 above FL180? R-

I did not...the first try, but fixed it on second attempt. I'll try it again...just to make sure I'm not missing something.