Hi, I have a ATI HD4870 arriving this morning to replace my 3870, are people now using the 8.7 drivers or the 8.6 with the hotfix? A little search online tells me the 8.7 runs better with games but what about the Sim?CheersRob

Rob Prest

Nevermind, installed the 8.7 drivers pure genius running on a 42 inch LCD with all settings maxed!

Rob Prest

Hows the performance ?What are your system specs ?Thanks,Ulisses

Hi,specs are - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 LGA775 'Wolfdale' 3.16GHz (1333FSB) running at 3.8ghz 3 gigs of ram and the 4870. Frames where very good before as the cpu is what fs needs but I had major AA issues with the 3870 so had to revert to a older driver with slightly dodgy AA.Anyway everthings fixed so well worth the upgrade AA and AF is maxed no drop in FPS.Rob

Rob Prest

Hi Rob, are you using FS9 or FSX?I use FS9, and have a lag when ALT key is pressed, ana the menu bar takes some seconds to appear.Thanks.Miquel Egea.

FS9 is my primary sim for Heavys running over 4 networked PC's and FSX is for VFR. Yep there is a strange lag in ALT (takes about 3 seconds) but I only use it for my preflight so no big deal. This is the FS heaven I have been waiting for since the sublogic days so I'm happy

Rob Prest

yeah miguel same here. it takes FOREVER for that menu to go on screen in FS9 and FSX. *crosses fingers that the drivers get even better*