Sign in to follow this  

My system is a Q6600 in a GA-38XT-DQ6 board, running WinXP (SP3), with 2* 1GB of RAM. My current video card is a NV 7950GT.I build my own stuff, and usually update motherboard/CPU every other year, then a video card the intervening years. My choice to upgrade has been the 8800 GTS or GTX, and I've been looking at posts here at AVSIM for information. However, I'm seeing many more recent card appearing on peoples' sigs here, and am wondering what might be best. The only app that will push the card is FSX.Although I have WinXP now, I may later, when I upgrade the mobo/CPU next, look at a motherboard that can run Vista 64-bit, which obviously brings DX10 (and 11) into the mix for expansion.I have a 22" wide-screen LCD monitor that I run in 1600*1200.Thanks for any suggestions.Bruce.

Guest D17S

Actually, FSX is very light load for Any Vcard. The 8800GT is all FSX needs. Crysis, CoD, EtC still need the big cards. If the primary use is FSX, a $150 8800GT is plenty, For other games, the GTX260 is the one at ~ $250.

Hard to say what the best video card is, but a 9800 GTX or HD4870 are definitely some of them.