Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

What determines amount of default AI traffic in FS2002?

I went to KLAX and set ATC to 100% traffic and got about 35 a/c displayed in 3 or 4 minutes according to Pete Dowson's Traffic.exe module. I then went to Narita and Haneda (Japan) and got 1 a/c in each airport at the same ATC setting. Why is this?This week I installed add-on airports for Narita and Kansai and saw no AI at all in the air. I did have AI on the groun taxiing around but nothing ever took off. I waited and waited to see some AI in the air but nada, zero, zip...and I thought mebbe it all got deleted with the add-on installation. It hasn't been deleted, there's just very little AI traffic, it seems.Are there low or zero density AI traffic areas in FS2002 or is my AI for this part of Japan screwed up?Appreciate posts, thanks!JSP.S. Thanks to wseiffert for your post this week in response to my related question about AI.

The AI traffic is based on actual flight-plans compiled into the traffic.bgl scenery file. I.e., it is not randomly generated. If you want more AI traffic in and out of an airport that doesn't have any, or enough to suit your fancy, you are going to have to create new flight plans and add them to traffic.bgl. There are lots of utilities for creating AI flight plans and adding new AI traffic. The only one I've used is for GA traffic, which is probably not what you want. Maybe someone can recommend a utility for commercial traffic, if that is what you want. Most of these tools make use of the TTOOLS package by Lee Swordy, to decompile and recompile traffic.bgl.-Hasil

Another thing that limits the AI is the number of gates available at your airports. Default fs2002 sparsely provides gates. Therefore, when you load fs2002 at your favorite airport, you may only see a few aircraft at the available gates.Using AFCAD, you can make more gates or download available update gate files from the library.