Sign in to follow this  
Guest bayardks

Vista won't install CH yoke

Guest bayardks

I recently started another thread on this problem, but got no solution. I now have more data.I am using Vista Home Premium with SP1.I plugged in the yoke and pedals and then installed CH Control Manager which claimed to install drivers, but the devices were never rocognized by Control Panel/Game Controllers. When I couldn't find a solution that way, I restored the system to a state immediately prior to installing CH Control Manager. I plugged just the yoke into the on-board USB and the system told me it couldn't find a driver. I stopped that process and went to Device Manager. Under Human Interface Devices was CH Flight Sim Yoke. In Properties at the General tab, Status showed "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternative driver may be providing this functionality (code 32)." At the Driver tab the Driver Details shows C:WindowsSystem32Drivershidusb.sys which is described as "USB miniport driver for input devices." I then confirmed that that driver is where it is supposed to be.

Hi bayardks,Did you get the 4.30 drivers? HidUsb shouldn't be in the mix at all, that indicates that it's running under the Windows drivers. Try opening the Test/Calibrate screen in the Control Managaer GUI. At the first screen, there's a small button labeled "Rescan" down in the lower-left corner. Click that and see if it helps. Windows usually moves the devices around after the first restart, the Rescan button puts them back under the Control Manager rather than under Windowss itself. Also, when you first install it, there should be a screen that asks if it should "Always trust content from CH Products" Or maybe it's "Joystick Techonology, I don't recall for sure.. Tell it "Yes" and it will load the CH signing certificate, from then on you shoul ony need to cconnect the controller, no "Unsigned Driver" warning.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Guest bayardks

I discovered what the problem was.This arose while I was loading up a new computer's software from scratch. I wanted Vista and bought the upgrade version. That will only run from a previous version of Windows. So I first loaded XP and then ran the Vista upgrade. At one point it asks if the user wants to "upgrade" the existing software or to do a "clean" install. Previously I always used "upgrade." This time I chose "clean" install. Everything went fine. Yoke and pedals are fine. I'm flying!Apparently the problem is that in the "upgrade" option, Vista retains some XP drivers that are incompatible with Vista. During the successful "clean" install Vista asked for driver disks it did not ask for in the "upgrade" approach.

Guest ziporama

CH stuff works ok except for the automatic profile loader (cmm?). I have to manually download the profile.What I ended up doing to avoid this chore (three button clicks) is to use FSUIPC to map the default directX stuff. Highly recommend that approach.Etienne