Sign in to follow this  
january

Got A 48" HD TV/Monitor ?

I'm looking for someone with a large 1920x1080 screen to check out feasibility of Multiple Views on a single monitor/display. The attached screenie is by way of Proof of Concept. Note the triple views, 2D panel and popups open for Throttle,COM & GPS. I would like to hear comments from anyone who might try this on the "big screen".Simply open the views, set for View L/R Fwd and size/drag everything into position. Should be pretty impressive on a 48" HD LCD!(Screenshot is from a 19 CRT and was not bad even there! Hey, no multiple monitors or bezels to fret about! This shot was a quickie to check feasibility and FPS only- but looks good so far.)Alex ReidFS9 default KingAir @ gate 6 CYYJhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191303.jpg

Alex, hope this is what you want to see. I had to crop it a few times for SIZE.This is a Beechcraft KingAir (FSX) - throttle - compass- aileron trim and spot of the aircraft to boot.47" running @ 1920x1080I hope I can attach it.Abe

Abe- great, thank you! Could you now shrink the view laterally so it only occupies the centre 1/3 of the screen. Then create new Views Left Fwd & Right Fwd- placing them on either side of View Fwd.(When you open the secondary views, they should be exactly 1/3 of screen width- then simply adjust main view to fit in between. In any event all 3 views should be equal size. View direction is set by 7 or 9 num keys.)Object, of course, is to have a 135

Abe- Here is a PMDG 747 layout as I described in my prior post. TRIPLE Views- LFwd,Fwd,RFwd + Blended Captain's and FO's Panels + most PopUps open. Would you believe this configuration actually flew satisfactorily on my 5 yr old AMD XP2200? WHOEE!!!! Imagine this on a 48 HD TV with an up to date computer. You are seeing the future of simming right here!!!!!!!!!!!Alex ReidPMDG 747 Blended Cap/FO panels+ PopUps & Triple Viewshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191333.jpg

Alex,I'll be back on Monday.Do you mind detailing the exact order of menu commands and sub commands? Operations to do. Start with an aircraft on the runway..........panel....etc... I can use FS9 but I prefer FSX.Thanks.One more thing. The size of the file generated. Any way I can email it to you without chopping it?Abe

Abe- I'm guessing that the necessary view commands will be same in both FS9 & FSX. But check the FSX Key Assignments. Check these- Look Ahead, Look Fwd Left, Look Fwd Right. They probably will be-Control+Num 8, Control+Num 7, Control+ Num 9. But use whatever is shown as the default keystrokes. NUM LOCK MUST BE ON and use only the numeric KB for this.These commands will set the view direction.-------Now drag the edge(s) of the single starting view inward to compress it to about 1/3 of the width and also drag it to near centre of the screen. You should have blank screen on either side.Key "square left bracket" (AVSIM software does not recognize this key so I have to type it out). This creates a new view which I think will be exactly 1/3 the width of your screen. Drag it to the extreme left, then repeat to create the third view and drag that one to extreme right. You should now have 3 identical "views fwd" across the screen. Finish resizing the middle original view so it fits snugly up to the outer views.Click on the left view to grab its focus, then key the command above- probably, Control+Num 7 to set it to View Fwd Left . Repeat for the right view with Control+Num 9. You should now have a 135