Sign in to follow this  
jfri

The ATI HD3850 for AGP

How well would a HD3850 AGP perform in FS9 and FSX? Does anybody have any experience of this card.

I have a brand new 3870X2 sitting in a box because its performance in FSX is abismal when clouds are put into the equation. The 3850 will have the same problem.

The 3870 is rubbish I'm afraid, was realy P@!sed off when I bought that card as it has major issues with AA Upgraded to the 4870 last week and it is the best Card I have ever used AA 24 AF 16 zero performance hit and every setting maxed in FS9 but obviously sliders brought back for FSX. I wouldnt even give away my 3870 thats how bad it is.....Rob

Rob Prest

>The 3870 is rubbish I'm afraid, was realy P@!sed off when IWhat about the NVIDIA 6600GT 256M DDR3 AGP? That's what I have now.How would a 3850 compare to that? The 3850 is the only powerful AGP card sold at the moment as far as I know.

It's not worth it, the card has known issues with AA it is a very fast card but unless you want to fly without AA stick whith what you have or better still upgrade your MB and go PCI Express the 4870 fixed the previous issues and is very fast and then you also have the option of the newer Nvidia cards.Rob

Rob Prest