Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

Problems in full scren mode - Vista 64

OK guys, here is a problem that I've wrestled with for quite a while now. I have a Geforce 8800 GTX video card.When using Vista 64, when I start in full screen mode, the video flashes on and off. I can Alt/Enter to windowed mode and then back to full screen, and this usually temporarily corrects the problem. As soon as I do something like use the map and go back into full screen, the problem either repeats itself, or my textures are all jacked up. I have experienced this problem with many different NVIDIA driver versions, including the latest. One thing is certain...the problem is specific to Vista 64. Everything is fine with XP 64. This seems like it must be a problem with AA or Ansio, but I haven't been able to nail it down. Any ideas?Specs: Q9450 CPU Abit P35 Pro MB 8800 GTX Video (750 meg) 8 Gigs DDR 1066 Tried several different driver versions, including latest beta.

Guest UlfB

If you have "Show cockpit ToolTips" on, try to turn it off. The setting is found in Settings - Display, Aircraft tab.Ulf B

Not sure. I'm using Vista 64 and an 8800GTX and the only flashing I ever see is during a cloud update or in DX10 mode (runway textures) which is to be expected. Are you sure there are no remnants of previous drivers lurking on your system?Is your 8800GTX overclocked either by you or from the factory? If so try knocking it down to stock speeds and you may also want to force the fan to 100% on (rivatuner works great for this).

I've had this problem with certain nVidia drivers. 169.25 work best for me and do not exhibit this behaviour.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Thanks for all the input. I MAY have this thing beat by forcing XP compatability mode on the executable. Still testing...but so far, so good. It seems that there's just something about VIsta 64......

Guest D17S

Also, make sure both Vista and FS are set to run at your monitor's default resolution. If you have multi monitors, run FS on the primary monitor. I fought the battle to force FSX to run at - My - will, and lost.