Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazzie

Old simmer buying New System for FSX

Guest Dazzie

Fellow Simmers,I've been away from the scene for a few years and my was thinking of treating myself to a new system for FSX (still using FS9 on present machine).I have no idea of hardware and requirements of FSX soe would the following be any good? I want to but off shelf and this system is around my budget at GBP1200If it helps - I like to max out most sliders but am happy to compromise on 3D clouds and AI traffic.Apreciate your responses / recommendations.PS I'm in the UK. SO would only wish to buy from UK.Thanks,Dell XPS 630/1166Intel's 'Penryn' Core 2 Quad Q9300 processor(2.5GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 6MB Cache) Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium Dual 512MB nVidia GeForce 8800GT (SLI) 3GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive

That list is pretty good, if you don't want to overclock get a E8500http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115036

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Actually, I've now got my E8500 overclocked to 4.1 ghz with air cooling -- running smooth as silk. It's as easy as pie with the ASUS tabbed bios interface.Easier than pie, actually -- I don't bake.