Sign in to follow this  
Guest Birddog

FSX with Acceleration pack problems

Guest Birddog

Has anyone seen or heard of this problem before? When I fly FSX the sim acts likes its running at 1/2 speed if I set the sim to 2x or 4 x all seems to run fine but at normal it flys like I am in water or somthing very strange.I check my FPS and the are running between 200 and 500 fps. I have all my setting to mid level and if I set target frame rate to 30 the game runs like a slide show I check and I am at 30 fps but a slide show. I double check the fps with Fraps and they are about the same.I have done a complete reinstall of FSX deluxe and Aceleration pack. I am running a ATI 1900 card with the latest drivers 8-7 but had the same problem with 8-5 drivers as well.Here is my setup:Asus M2N32-SLI DeluxeAMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 6400+Corsair 6400C4DHX 2GB DDR2 800 ATI Radeon X1900 XT PCI Express 512MB DDR3Western Digital Caviar SE WD500AAKS 500GB Serial ATA.Windows XP Pro SP2CH USB HOTASTrack IR 3

Guest firehawk44

I have never seen or heard of this problem before but would recommend you delete your FSG.cfg and let FSX rebuild it. I realize you have reinstalled FSX but sometimes when you do an uninstall/reinstall, the old FSX.cfg remains. I hope you defragged your harddrive after you reinstalled FSX/Acceleration. Those programs scatter files all over the harddrive. If that doesn't help, I'd check out your scenery.cfg and make sure it's not corrupted (areas/layers out of sequence). Next I'd make sure my virtual memory/page file is set to "System Managed Size". Hope this helps.Jim

Guest Birddog

OK thanks for your help can you tell me were to find this FSG.cfg file? did a serch of my computer and can not find it? Windows XP ProJust did a defrage before installing Acceleration.The virtual memory/page file is set to "System Managed Size". allways is set here. I don't do much with Windows XP I figure Bill Gates know more than me on setting up windows.

Guest firehawk44

"OK thanks for your help can you tell me were to find this FSG.cfg file? did a serch of my computer and can not find it? Windows XP Pro"You'll have to change your folder settings to be able to show hidden files. I can't remember in XP how this is done but believe there's a Folder Option in your Control Panel. I would recommend you open your Help and Support and search for "view hidden folders or files". It should provide your with the procedure to do this. Once you have done that, FSX.cfg will show up in your search."Just did a defrage before installing Acceleration."You should defrag after installing Acceleration as it scatters files all over the harddrive too. You can't see it in the default defrag program but a freeware defrag program that shows data on your hard drive will show your files all over the place. I try to defrag at least monthly.We're getting there! Hopefully a rebuild of your FSX.cfg will fix your problem.Best regards,Jim

Guest Birddog

>"OK thanks for your help can you tell me were to find this>FSG.cfg file? did a serch of my computer and can not find it?>Windows XP Pro">>You'll have to change your folder settings to be able to show>hidden files. I can't remember in XP how this is done but>believe there's a Folder Option in your Control Panel. I>would recommend you open your Help and Support and search for>"view hidden folders or files". It should provide your with>the procedure to do this. Once you have done that, FSX.cfg>will show up in your search.>>"Just did a defrage before installing Acceleration.">>You should defrag after installing Acceleration as it scatters>files all over the harddrive too. You can't see it in the>default defrag program but a freeware defrag program that>shows data on your hard drive will show your files all over>the place. I try to defrag at least monthly.>>We're getting there! Hopefully a rebuild of your FSX.cfg will>fix your problem.>>Best regards,>Jim>>>No luck with the Rebuild of the FSX.cfg Maybe I am not clear on the problem I am having with running the sim. The sim in running in slow motion my fps are very high, 300-500 fps but it takes 3 mins at 10,000 ft at 350 kts to fly 1 mile in real time if I make a flight control input it take 30 to 45 sec for the plane to respond. The sim is running very smooth no chop or shuttering like if you had low frame rates. If I put the sim to run in 2x of 4x time the sim than seem to fly as normal. If I try to fly a multi player game the plane is uncontrollable it is jumping all over the sky and the others in the game see me all over the place. There is something realy wrong. I am thinking that maybe I have a hardware or OS problem. I thought maybe someone has seen this problem before and knew what might be the problem.Thanks for your help but I have done all you suggest but still the same problems. Will keep looking.

Guest firehawk44

"No luck with the Rebuild of the FSX.cfg"Sorry to hear this did not work and you're still having problems. Sounds like a hardware problem to me too. Have you tested your memory modules? Perhaps one has gone bad.Best regards,Jim

Guest Birddog

Yea that is what I have been thinking as well, thanks for you help I will post if I find what the problem was.