Sign in to follow this  
ecagan

blurry screens when exiting hibernation mode

I have been using the same hardware setup for over a year and just over the last 2 days, I have been seeing something strange. When I move my mouse to bring my computer our of hibernation, my 3 screens (connected with Matrox TripleHead2Go analog) are now out of phase or blurry (see attached screenshot). When I go to my display properties and change the settings to something else, it clears up and I return to my original settings. I can then do whatever I need to without issue. Later, when not in use, the computer goes into hibernation mode again and later when I bring it out, it happens again. I cleaned out my tower using the dust blower and have checked by my video card (GEForce 7600 GS) and TripleHead2Go for excess heat but all seems well. I also attempted to take an actual printscreen but after making my screens sharp again, the screensnap was clear too. Has anyone experienced this? I'm assuming either my TH2G or my video card might be dying but wanted a second opinion. I did recently upgrade my driver to the Nvidia 175.19 drivers for Win XP but that was a few weeks ago.Thanks,Eric

Guest stabile007

I don't have any experience with the TH2G at all but maybe some simple troubleshooting may help? Is this the analog edition? And if it is have you tried using a different VGA cable. I know that VGA cables can go bad and cause wierd issues, so hopefully that's all it is. Otherwise the only thing I can think of is that it sounds like a driver issue and to try rolling back the drivers and then see if the problem goes away.

Yes this is the analog edition. I'll try swapping the cable out that goes between the TH2G and the computer to see if that's the issue. After posting this last night, I attempted to move my mouse to bring my computer out of hibernation and my monitors wouldn't come up. I pulled my box out from under my desk and it came back up. Maybe a loose cable or loose video card too. I'll check that when I get home tonight. I'll roll the driver back too and see if that helps.Eric

Just to close this thread out. My TH2G died. This is going to cause me to ask the next question of what should I look for now? I'll open a new thread with that question on it.Eric