Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

What screen resolution

I recently purchased a 21" wide screen monitor. It recommends a default resolution of 1680 x 1050 @ 60 hrz. However my graphics card is only an NVidia FX7600 GT with 256MB RAM, and I have found that on occsions when running FSX at the above resolution, I get corruption of the menus in FSX. I am wondering, even though the graphics card recommends running at the above, whether I would be better running at a lower resolution and whether this would provide me with better graphics memory management?Any advice?Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest Redvan

if your graphics card cant handle it, dont run it at the "LCD recommended" resolution. You'll just overburden your graphics card. Running at a lower resolution will only cause the image to be slightly less perfect, but will help keep your FPS up and overall health of your graphics card up.

Thanks for the response, that was my thoughts too.I'll run it at a lower resolution (than the screens default) - seems to make sense.Thanks again,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I would get a new GPU before I resorted to lowering the native resolution of an LCD.The degredation of the image is just too much for my tastes.