Sign in to follow this  

Guest SuperFortress

I know the answer is probably NO but does PhysX help FSX in any way at all?

I got a chance to test it a little yesterday. You're right...no real improvement that I can see. That new ATI card is looking better and better!

Guest JIMJAM

Ive been a Nvidia person for a LOOOONG time and cannot remember the last ATI card I owned.Well Ive had it with them and their arrogance.They have been top dog,patching together crappy cards with a new "driver" about once a month and been hiking their leg on us long enough.Last week I replaced my BFG 8800gt with a ATI 4850.Is FSX faster, na bout the same.AA/AF issues fixed,nah still there.Overall graphics anomolies and wierdness. Still there.Seem most ALL our problems are in fact NOT nvidia or ATI but,surprise, FSX.Most reviews show it beating out all but the 8800 ultra in other games and benches.BUT......It maybe about the same performance wise all around but IMO FSX does look better.Just sharper and more crisp.Besides, after years of tweaking and trying every known setting, at least I have NEW settings to experiment with.And best of all, alot are buying the new ATI cards and big dog Nvidia is starting to slash its prices. Alot feel taken advantage of when Nvidia is releasing old tech cards with new name and box with litte if no changes.So Nvidia keep on releasing those drivers, they are all betas anyways, and be sure to fix up Barbies Beach Adventure 2 and Serious Sam 3,cause one of your loyal, 10 year multi thousand $$$ customer just jumped ship.

Guest firehawk44

"Nvidia 177.83 betas are now available. These drivers enable PhysX processing on Geforce Cards in the 8,9, and 200 series."Those are NOT betas or at least you can get the WHQL version here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/forcewithin/us/download.aspOkay, I have two 8800 GTX's in SLI mode configuration. I installed the 177.83 WHQL drivers and I'm amazed at the results. I mean, this is the biggest boost in performance I have ever gotten in a driver upgrade. I use the 3DMark Vantage as my benchmark program. I have PhysX enabled. Here are my results:Old driver (175.19) in SLI mode: P9546 benchmarkNew driver (177.83) in SLI mode: P13012 benchmark GPU Score: 11199 CPU Score: 25298 (this is faster than the fastest CPU score on the 3DMark Website!)I don't have that great of a system anymore. I have the DuoCore Extreme X6800 CPU (Overclocked to 3.73GHz); 4GB DDR2 SDRAM; Dual 8800 GTX video cards with 768MB memory; and Vista 32 as my OS.I have tried the drivers with FSX and it does not fix any of the DX10 Preview problems but I see and feel an improvement in the overall smoothness in the game. I rarely look at FPS but FPS stayed about the same. The sim just seems smoother in performance. If you haven't gotten these new drivers and have the 8800 and up GPU's, you need to get these new drivers as soon as possible. You won't be disappointed (except those who refuse to ever be satisfied with MS or Nvidia).Best regards,Jim