Sign in to follow this  
Guest nbquidditch

Best UK Photoreal scenery?

Guest nbquidditch

Hi guys, I've just begun a clean install of FS2004. As you'll know after a few years you have scenery files & aircraft files etc all over the place!As I live in the UK (EGBE) and starting all over again my first job is to establish which is the best overall UK photoreal scenery to use as I don't currently use one, payware or otherwise! The best one I would think is the one that not only looks goods but works seamlessly with other various add-ons found within Avsim! I'm not worried about Frame rate as my PC works very well with all sliders up.Can anyone please advise???Many Thanks :)

Good Day,Some of the best freeware UK Airport scenery for FS9 is located here at AVSIM...... Look for EDPH Edinburgh Free.... EGSS Stansted Free and EGKK Gatwick Free all by UK2000 Scenery..... These are outstanding works and are only slightly lesser versions of their UK2000 Xtreme payware.... I think they have put out a freeware version of EGPF Glasgow but you may have to search around for it.......JayDub

Guest nbquidditch

Thanks for your response Jaydub. I have all those sceneries and they are all excellent as you say. However, I'm really looking for a good Photoreal scenery of the UK that would compliment these. I've not used photoreal before and don't know much about them. Do you know of a good one?Thanks.

Hi,This might be more to your liking. Boxed only probably due to the size.http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1111This is the terrain package. You probably want the VFR Photographic Scenery too but I couldn't find a link to that. Try Googling it, I'm sure someone will stock it.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I mentioned those Airports because of their PhotoReal textures... Sorry have no first hand info on PhotoReal scenery for the rest of the UK but here is something you may be interested in.... Last month I made some major software purchases for FS9 among them "Ultimate Terrain Europe", "Ground Environment Pro" and FSGenesis whole world terrain mesh..... These programs completely transformed FS9 for me... Looks so good I have removed many of my "PhotoReal" scenery areas in Europe.....For the USA I have several "MegaScenery" and "MegaCity" PhotoReal programs that I had to remove from the computer due to lack of CPU/Video card power and problems with "The Blurries"... New computer in the works so I should be able to reload them soon after almost two years of just setting on the bookcase.....Best of luck,JayDub

Guest nbquidditch

Thanks for that guys, very helpful.Jaydub do those 3 packages you mentioned work seamlessly together? Also do you have any links to sites where their for sale?CheersQuidditch :)

Hi Quidditch,I didn't mention the FS9 addons I use as I didn't think they would be sufficiently detailed for you but given that the UK Photographic Scenery package is probably extinct I think FS Global, Ground Environment and Ultimate Terrain Europe would be worthy additions. I have all three any they improve the scenery dramatically.If you have a second PC also consider FSEarth which links FS to Google Earth for a moving map of high quality. http://www.wideview.it/fsearth/Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Quidditch,Yes they all work together with no conflicts....Ground Environment Pro as a download and the Ultimate Terrain series can all be found at ........ www.flight1.com.... There are versions for both FS9 and FSX so be careful.....FSGenesis Terrain mesh can be found at www.Fsgenesis.com and also is available for both FS9 and FSX..... This is terrain mesh data only.... They have a media bundle that covers the whole world for $39.95 US..... This package allowed me to remove around 50 freeware terrain mesh areas from my addon scenery folder.......Plenty of screen shots on both sites to see what you are getting.....Sorry Ken and the rest of the Moderators.... We kind of let this thread get off topic for the "Hardware Discussion" forum ..... JayDub

Guest stabile007

I can help put it on topic :-p What kinda machine would you need to run Ground Enviroment? It looks so pretty!

Good Day,I currently run FS9 with Ground Envirionmet Pro, FSGenesis world terrain mesh and Ultimate terrain USA. Canada/Alaska and Europe ... I run all the sliders maxed with the same CPU you are using.... Athlon 64 3500+ .... I have an ATI X850XT and only 1GB of RAM...... I see no significant performance hit over the stock FS9 Textures with Windows XP....... JayDub