Sign in to follow this  
byork

Bad NVidia Graphics Cards

Guest firehawk44

Here's another negative article about bad chips in Notebooks: http://www.techspot.com/news/31208-nvidia-...ailing-too.html.I would get hold of the manufacturer of your notebook to see if there's a problem. I don't think all the chips are bad. I doubt many flight simmers use Notebooks for FSX but obviously there will be some and this may be the cause of CTD's or other issues they may be having with FSX. I have a Notebook and a Desktop system, both using Nvidia GPU's and I haven't found a problem with the GPU's yet. I did have to replace one of my 8800 GTX's about 4 months after I bought my system from Dell though. Don't know what caused the problem but it was totally kaput. Fortunately, Dell replaced it for free. Ciao,Jim

Hi Jim,This report is about DESKTOP cards failing at high rates, including the widely sold 8800 GT! If this report is true it could have serious implications for the FS community, as many of us have nVidia cards.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest Jeffhew

Hmmm, interesting read. I can say that I've seen nothing to date that would suggest that I have a bad card though, if I do, it will be back to ATI.Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.Regards,Jeff