Hi!After a long(ish) time with no pc good enough for flightsimming I

Guest poschrob

Based on the answers given on many similar questions before:Q6600 or Q6700 which you can easily overclock to 3.6 GHz (24/7) with a good cooler (ThermalRight Ultra120Extreme) 4 GB DDR 800 ram. In order to be able to use it you need a 64 bit OS, 32 versions only recognise and can use a bit over 3 GB out of 4.A fast HDDProvided only for flightsimming, the 8800 GT series is the best choice. People say they cannot see a significant difference between this and later cards as FS is mainly CPU intensive.Basically that's about it.Regards

Hi allSorry to hijack the thread, but thought it would be better than to start a whole new one for the same subject. I am in the same situation and going by the information on here i have whittled it down to either an E8500 or Q9550 processor. The computer is being purchased mainly for FSX however i may choose to run other games later on. How does FSX compare between these two processors?Also, i was originally aiming for 2x2 GB of DDR3. However, speaking to someone, they think that DDR3 doesnt have much of an improvement over DDR2 in FSX that warrants the extra few hundred pounds for a different MoBo etc. The cheapest i have seen will be E8500, Nvidia 8800GTS, 2x2 GB DDR2. What are you thoughts/recommendations?Thanks in advance RMA

If you're not willing to overclock I'd go with the faster speed, right off the bat.The E8500Otherwise you could get a Q6600 and overclock the crap outa that. And it would be cheapgo with the 8800GT, much cheaper than the 4870 (unless you run hi-res monitors)And go with vista 64bit, with 4gb of ram. And you're set

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you very much for your answers! Yes, I know there are many posts here and on other forums about these issues. But I took the liberty to put my own question here...Well, I