Without going into lots of detail re system specs. etc. is it normal that framerates should fluctuate between 29 (locked at 30FPS) and 4 when sitting on a taxiway with the sim paused? Or is this an indication that something isn't right?Bill

Guest The Captain

I hope someone will give an explanatory answer Bill as I get this but from 26 (locked at 99) to 16 or so sometimes. My FR change from one day & the next with the same flight.

If rates are stable un-paused, I'm not sure I'd worry about it. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

My FPS are poor often reaching 5 to 6 on approach. I have even seen 3!!!Specs are Dell 5150. 2.5G Ram nvidia 9600GT. TH2GO - 3 monitors displaying undocked panels in windowed mode PMDG737-700.Flight Environment, Ultimate Terrain and UK2000 airports and WOAI traffic.FPS sit well at 29 (locked 30) when at cruise altitudeBill

Depending on your settings, that can be a lot for a P4 to deal with. If you have 2 1gb and 1 512mb memory sticks, you could try taking out the 512 and putting the 1gb sticks in the proper slots so that the dual channel set up will work properly. Could be every other slot. Next, strip everything down to bare bones. One monitor, no add ons, low settings. Then start adding on untill, performance is poor, back up onr notch and that is where you have to stop, until you are lucky enough to upgrade. Good luck.Bob

Bob

Bill- Are these 3 separate views on the 3 mons- LFwd,Fwd,RFwd- or the single, View Fwd stretched across the 3 mons?AI is a FPS killer for me with triple views- I keep it below 30.AutoGen also is deadly- always switched off.Sight Dist & Cloud Draw are Minimum.Clouds are set to Simple.I have UT & GE- both full blast.FPS on my 2D triple mon/triple views setup ranges 14-24, rarely below 12. (AMD XP 1.8, 2 GeForce Fx5200 cards). On a night, short final approach to KLAX, FPS may briefly drop to 8-12 but the plane continues smoothly on- just nearby lights/objects chattering past wingtips.Alex ReidPS OverHead and Com panels are FPS killers- only open as required!!!!

Thanks for replies and suggestions.Bob - Ram is 2*1g which were installed by computer shop. 512 is what was originally there. Shop said they were working together. Is it a big job to remove the 512?I will strip the addons right down and start adding again - think that is my best route.Alex - TH2GO is one view stretched and then that view dragged back to fill the main monitor. Gauges are undocked from the MIP and dragged to the other two monitors.Careful to avoid any overlapping. (The monitors are not all matching - could that be a problem?). Aircraft PMDG737-700.(The LevelD 767 performs noticeably better re FPS)My settings are almost exactly like yours except I had the clouds at detailed - will drag that one back to simple.Bill

...or add another 512 stick. I'm no expert, but when I used to have a 4 dimm mobo with a P4 HT cpu like yours( I looked it up at the Dell site), I got warnings on boot up about ram slot mismatch(or something like that) because I had 3 512 sticks. The comuter recognized all the ram, But 2 or 4 sticks in the proper slots would have performed better. How much better is hard to say, maybe only a little, but in FS we need all the help we can get. There should be documentation with your Dell or on their website about changing ram if you decide to go that route. It is very easy as long as you are careful. I know some websites have step by step instructions with photos. Be smart, but don't be afraid of your computer. I've learned alot about mine just trying to get FS to work.Bob

Bob

Bill- seems I recall something that Matrox advised all same monitors for TH2GO. In my own case with 2 video cards, different mons make no diff- 2 19"CRTs & a 17"LCD.With my old hardware, detailed clouds setting extracted too great a performance penalty.Don't have LevD 767 but PMDG 747 runs well- a bit lower FPS than 737.I don't quite follow your screens layout- any chance of a screenshot?Alex Reid

AlexCan't attach a pic. I am building a cockpit so would need a picture to let you see my monitor set-up. My Digital camera has just quit - it never rains but it pours!I have a "top" 22" monitor displaying the outside view and then below that a 17" monitor displaying the PFD and the ND and beside that a 15" monitor displaying the EICAS. Hope that clears that up.What I have now done is lock the FPS to 20. Seems to have helped and the one flight I have tested was able to be controlled during landing. Much more testing to follow.Bill