Sign in to follow this  
Guest TWVA395

Trouble Downloading

I can't to get the download to start. I am running XP Home w/McAffee security. All on a dial-up. I tried turning off the firewall and the so-called privacy protection but nothing help.If I try to download and go to the auto-download pages nothing happens. If I click on the link (which it says to do if nothing happens) and nothing continues to happen (I would say nothing happens again but then again how can nothing happen? Whatever).This seems to be limited to this setup (my previous computer use /ME and Norton). But I can't find anything that would prevent the download from occuring.

Guest Matt Johnson

Try telling any firewall you are running to trust library.avsim.net (205.252.89.42).--M

I added the IP address as a trusted address but it still didn't want to work. Good idea though. Now I get a page not found error on the FTP link.

Guest TWVA395

I know your problem.. I think. Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, and restore all defaults for each tab (try that, and if doesn't work, go to advanced under the File Type tab and restore those defaults (make sure Confirm Open After Download has a check.)Hope this helps, I had a similar problem and thats what solved it. Another fix (this will not change your computer) is to go to start-run-regedit.exe then open up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftInternetExplorerPluginsExtension within the registry editor and empty out the extension folder.Hope this works.:-jumpy------------------------Kenneth WeikTWVA 395Travel Services Directorhttp://www.fly-twva.com-----------------------