Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain787

New Drivers - nVidia 177.83 WHQL, Physx included in driver

Why replace a working horse?And afaik, Physx doesn't do anything for either FSX or FS9...

Guest firehawk44

These were released a week or two ago as I posted in another thread in this forum. As I posted earlier, these drivers are exceptional, for me anyway. I have dual 768MB 8800GTX's running in SLI mode so the PhysX drivers work with my GPU. All I can say is 'WOW' in regards to my benchmark testing. Using 3dMark Advantage, I had a benchmark of 9546 with the previous drivers (175.19). After installing these drivers, my benchmark jumped to 13012. That's quite a jump and shows that they did something right. The drivers do not fix any of the DX10 problems within FSX but the sim seems to run very smooth. As I recommended a couple of weeks ago when these drivers first came out, you should definitely upgrade to this version as soon as possible.Best regards,Jim

I tried them and didnt see any difference. I am not using a SLI setup though, so maybe thats why some are seeing improvements.

Jim Wenham

Guest ledzzepplin

I gave this a try. In FS9, shading and image crispness is up several notches for me .. probably the best I've ever seen or had yet. There's also a certain smoothness and what seems like a slight increase in FPS. FSX is affected the same way. Things are just getting better. I still prefer to fine tune things by using the latest version of nHancer.

For what it's worth, I just installed this new driver, on my 8800GT FS9 setup, this made a huge difference!!............all the scenery seems to be much more defined and sharp, BUT, using the same settings as before, the background colors on my screens (CRT 22" and 37" 1080p) are now much darker so I have to adjust the brightness level a fair amount!!...have not had much time to use this new arrangement but at least wanted to throw this into the ring for anyone thinking about making this change...............B42L8

Have been using these for about a week now and same results here. Absolutely WOW results and by far the best Nvidia drivers since the 99 series LOL.I am extremely pleased with these in FS9 and FSX...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

The link is to 177.92 and I don't see 177.83 WHQL at the Nvidia site.So which driver is it?Jim Harnes

Guest ledzzepplin

I updated to 177.92. For me, It works just as well if not the same as .83. You might benefit from either one.

Guest firehawk44

"The link is to 177.92 and I don't see 177.83 WHQL at the Nvidia site."Yes, sort of confusing isn't it? The 177.92 drivers are still in Beta as far as I know. In any case, Nvidia is evidently keeping the original link updated with the latest and greatest driver. I recently upgraded to the 177.92 beta drivers as I posted here earlier last week. They probably found something wrong with the 177.83's and pulled them. I got my info about the 177.83's from this link: http://www.tweakguides.com/newsarch.html; and I got my info on the 177.92 drivers from this link: http://www.tweakguides.com/.Jim

Guest UlfB

Hi,I updated from 175.19 to 177.92. The 175.19 worked well on my system. Image quality is the same. Same frame rates.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Why do people still use 3d bench marks, it means nothing. The only thing tha caounts is ingame performance. So what id 3d mark went uo 5000 points it means squat if you average games FPS goes down 5. Best thing to do is set a game point and use that as a reference,when you update go back to that point and se if anything changes. I have in FSX one in hawai and one in london. my london FPS fas gone up abour 5 and hawai about ten FPS with my hardware and driver upgrades , that means something. I dont even have 3dmark om my pc , but i must admit it does look pretty.

Guest firehawk44

"Why do people still use 3d bench marks, it means nothing. The only thing tha caounts is ingame performance."Totally agree. I do not use a benchmark to judge the frame rates for FSX. Totally useless. I commented earlier that I thought FSX ran smoother but made no comment regarding the FPS. In fact, it's impossible for me to see whether my FPS are better or worse than the last time I started up FSX. However, a benchmark will show you whether the drivers have improved or not and that's all I was commenting on. In this case, the overall benchmark went up dramatically as well as the GPU score. That can only help when viewing graphics or using your graphics card. If it had gone down dramatically, I seriously doubt the drivers would still be installed on my system no matter how well FSX performed.Best regards,Jim