Sign in to follow this  
DescendDescend

Problems with new system

I think your idea to reduce OC is a good one. Infact you might return everything to stock. Clean the registry, make sure all your BIOS settings are correct, and see what happens with the sim. If it is OK, then start small OCs to see how far you can go.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Its a pretty common concept to prove your machine before overclocking. When you overclock, increase the clock slowly until you find instability. FSX may be one important canary to announce instability.Let us know if your system runs fsx properly in a basic install without tweaks, at stock speeds. Best,Bob

Guest D17S

I agree. Those error codes are indications of (simply) a general computer train wreck. We can consider coefficients of this and that, but the wreck (just) occurred because it was going around the corner too fast. I get weird sound problems at a 400Mhz FSB from time to time. I just turn it down to 380 and all's well. Later in the week, it goes back to 400 and the problem's gone. Were it not so, but often it's more a matter of stumblin'-along than technical-determinin'.

Do not dismiss the possibility of corrupt files especially addon files. I was at one time plagued by FSX errors of every flavor most prominently dll errors. Once i figured out that some of the errors were reproducable I started disabling addons and voila....problem gone. The culprits ended up being corrupted texture files for UTX USA and UTX Canada. A simple reinstall of both addons cured my heartache.I also at one point took the ATI plunge then went back to the 8800GTX after I found out the ATI 3870X2 flat out could not perform in clouds. I made the switch to ATI in hopes that it would qwell my FSX crashing issues as evidenced by my above statements it did not.