Sign in to follow this  
Guest legoman600

Computer Resart after loading!

Guest legoman600

Every time i load a game on FSX or any recent graphics based game the computer restarts.But when i change the memory from brand new 2gb DDR2 PC2 5300 to my old DDR 2333 it works. The DDR 2333 is unsupported by the motherboard but the DDR2 PC2 5300 is.specIntel core 2 quad not overclockedAsrock Sata2 motherboardNvidia 7300 gt agp 512mb

You might check your BIOS to see if you need to change some settings. Some MBs do that auto, some you must tell them to do it auto, some you just have to tell.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest legoman600

The BIOS settings are all set to auto and it still doesn't work but thanks for the contribution :-)

Right click My Computer. Select Properties. See if the OS is recognizing all your ram. Maybe auto is not what you need.Bob

Bob

Guest legoman600

It recognises ive got 1.0gb of ram although that might slow the computer down it isn't going to do a lot of damage i would of thought

Guest norm7446

Is this just a new thing that is happening or have you upgraded something recently. If so what... As this sounds to me more like a power supply prob of some sort. What wattage is your power supply. Also find it very strange for you to have an Intel core 2 Quad motherboard with a AGP interface, as they are now as old as the dinosaurs. I think that it is more likly to be a PCI-16 slot, ither way, do you have the extra power supply conector attached to the Graphics card ( see attached photo ), as when you play a graphics based game the card will require more power, this will also make the system unstable and fall over if the card cannot get all the power that it requires. DDR and DDR2 both have different slots and are not interchangeable. The 2333 memory that you have + the 5300 will both be DDR2, one is just quicker specked than the other.

Not good if you have 2G and the computer only sees one. Guess we need more details.Bob

Bob