Sign in to follow this  
tkbear2

ch rudder pedal issue

I am having an issue wit my udder pedals. Everytime I press the left rudder pedal full forward the differential brake message comes on. When I go calibrate it. I notice the same thing in the calibration window. are there any remedies for this or is it time for new pedals. I have had these for years.Thanks Fred

Two possibilities Fred,Try reducing the 'Brake Left Axis' 'Sensitivity' and increasing 'Null Zone' in FSX-Settings-Controls-Calibration menu first. Use the 'Controller Type' drop-down menu, to change from Yoke to Pedals.If that adjustment does not cure your problem, you may have to resort to altering the physical positioning of the potentiometer (Poti) shaft located under the grey foot plate, that is secured by those 6 black 'Phillips' screws that you can see when looking down on to the pedals. This requires a little dexterity and working out, but the idea is to make the 'Poti' shaft start to rotate one notch later than it does now, when you start to press the pedal down. Once you have done this to the left pedal, BE SURE TO DO THE SAME TO THE RIGHT PEDAL.When all is back together, do another re-calibration procedure and hopefully all will be well. Otherwise it might mean a trip down to your local electronics store for a replacement potentiometer.Dave, VH-DBWBrisbane.Australia.

Hi Fred, I've actually found that increasing the brake sensitivity resolves the issue of the brakes message coming on with normal pedal movement. I would definately try that tack before adjusting the position of the pot as that obviously requires disassembly.Also, if you haven't done so already, you might try posting over at the CH Hangar and see what they have to say.http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Did this resolve your issue? I use a pushback gauge that shows brake pressure per pedal via 2 vertocal green bars and I've noticed my left brake doesn't go all the way to the top like the right one does, and I've been getting the "Differential Brakes" flag in the lower left corner. If I let up on the brakes and press down again once or twice it corrects itself, but never on the initial application of the brakes.After this seeing this post I'm starting to wonder if something in the latest release of FSUIPC is amiss. I have programmed my payware version of FSUIPC to handle all my controls and no matter how much adjusting and recalibrating I do I can't get that left brake to respond correctly the first time it's pressed, and this didn't happend until the release before last of Pete Dowson's great software.

my issue is still there as for yours I too have that issue on start up. how I resolve mine is by unplugging the pedals from usb on computer and plug it back in and redo the calibrating. unfortunate I have to do it a lot.

It's not my pedas, either. I have a set of Saitek pedals and the exact same thing happens when I plug them in. Do you have the payware version of FSUIPC and are you using it to calibrate your pedals, or do you do it directly with FS9?

One thing to check is your power options and make sure your USB ports are set so they won't go to sleep with inactivity.Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Thanks, Ken. I have a separate, powered usb hub for my yoke and pedals. It also happens when plugged directly into one of my computers usb ports.But that could explain one or two other issues I've been having with my freeware Synergy software -- it's allows me to use one mouse and one keyboard shared between 2 computers and it winks out every now and then.I'll check that out. Thanks, Ken!

You're welcome Chuck, hope it helps! I thought I had read over at the CH Hangar that using a hub could lead to some issues -don't know if that's still the case??? But I do know that the USB sleep issue has been encountered many times. Also, if your hub has a power supply, then the windows USB settings in the device manager wouldn't matter, really.I used Synergy for awhile but finally just picked up a KVM to eliminate more software. It has performed flawlessly tho I still use stoneage ps2 devices..... Hope you guys get it figured out soon. Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

I have a KVM as backup (a Belkin "Flip", really) and my advice is stay with your PS2 devices as long as possible. The Flip is a REALLY slow switcher with my USB 2.0 mouse and keyboard. It may be that I have so much USB equpiment attached, but it takes up to 2 or 3 full seconds to switch, which can be an eternity on short final! My old KVM and PS2 equipment was instantaneous.