Sign in to follow this  
Noel

P3E3 Premium/W-fi users: in FSX, does audio every suddenly screw up?

Probably about once/flight, FSX audio will suddenly sound like loud static, obliterating normal audio. If I hit Q to turn off sound, then again to turn on sound, all is well. Happening to others? No issues in any other game . . . ok sim . . .NoelQX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I have the exact same motherboard as you, and I have never had that happen in FSX. I have had it happen when I was editing sounds in EditVoicePack once or twice but never in FSX.I don't know what sound hardware you are using. I am using the onboard under Vista 64 Ultimate.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi Rhett, I'm using onboard soundmax under XP32 SP2. Again, it's only with FSX. QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest Nick_N

seen with Asus motherboards with some versions of the onboard Soundmax system and directly associated with the FSX aircraft surround sound parameters in the sound.cfg for the aircraftIf the aircraft does not have a surround sound type sound.cfg the issue will not be seenthe default aircraft have these parameters in their sound config.. by calling L - R - LF - LR RF - RR sound files along with these expanded 'sound cone' settings in example:InsideConeAngle=90OutsideConeAngle=360OutsideConeVolume=9600and yes, I am so use to hitting the Q button twice now on my P35 tower I just ignore it. You can experiment by removing those lines I posted in example from the aircraft engine sounds (go down the list) from a sound.cfg and see if the problem ceases.. its does not appear to be a specific FSX problem but a combination of certain Soundmax onboard chips and aircraft surround effects in FSXthis is what I call a hit and run.. can't help not posting when I know I can be of assistance quickly and happen to be in the neighborhood.

>seen with Asus motherboards with some versions of the onboard>Soundmax system and directly associated with the FSX aircraft>surround sound parameters in the sound.cfg for the aircraft>>>If the aircraft does not have a surround sound type sound.cfg>the issue will not be seen>>>the default aircraft have these parameters in their sound>config.. by calling L - R - LF - LR RF - RR sound files along>with these expanded 'sound cone' settings in example:>>InsideConeAngle=90>OutsideConeAngle=360>OutsideConeVolume=9600>>and yes, I am so use to hitting the Q button twice now on my>P35 tower I just ignore it. >>>You can experiment by removing those lines I posted in example>from the aircraft engine sounds (go down the list) from a>sound.cfg and see if the problem ceases.. its does not appear>to be a specific FSX problem but a combination of certain>Soundmax onboard chips and aircraft surround effects in FSX>>>>this is what I call a hit and run.. can't help not posting>when I know I can be of assistance quickly and happen to be in>the neighborhood.Thanks Nick, I don't see any cone settings in the Super MD-80 Pro I am using. I'm going to try to see if I can change to AC97 in the BIOS from HD if possible . . .I also have an old Audigy II I could install n see if any diff. I see no option for non-HD in the BIOS.QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

Guest Nick_N

All I can tell you is what I have seen here. The problem has only shown on may P35 tower with the Soundmax onboard system and in the past I have noticed it only appears on aircraft that have surround sound ability in their sound configs.The only time I hear the static is when I switch views, either outside the aircraft or switching from exterior to interior and the static appears to be related to the engine sounds.. at least here I have confirmed it

>Its been reported in the past too and most just ignore it and>double tap the Q button.Sounds reasonable Nick. For what it's worth, I went into the SoundMax mixer applet and deselected all recording devices and also digital output, and didn't have it happen OTW from KCRP - KMSY, so who knows.QX9650 w/ Retail HSF|ASUS P5E3 Premium WiFi|4GB Muskin Ascent 7-6-6-18 1T DDR3-1600|EVGA 8800GT|Seagate SATA 2 x 2|Seagate Cheetah 15K.x|XP Pro SP2|Vista 64--maybe never to be installed

Noel

Guest Nick_N

Its hit and miss here tooI ran though and disabled everything as well some time ago to try and eliminate things.. still happensIts not something that is seen all the time and can be repeated.. its one of those FSX mysteries which crops up periodically but I did isolate it down to Soundmax and the surround sound enabled aircraft

>Its not something that is seen all the time and can be>repeated.. its one of those FSX mysteries which crops up>periodically but I did isolate it down to Soundmax and the>surround sound enabled aircraftI don't think my Super MD-80 Pro is surround enabled tho, so who knows, or at least I'm not seeing the parameters you are referring to.

Noel

Guest Nick_N

if you figure it out.. let me know~!LOLI enabled surround files with cone FX on an aircraft I made and the problem started. A soon as I removed the cone FX and the LR RR files and only used 1 L and 1 R file the problem stopped and has never shown since with that aircraft.Since I rarely use that tower now for flying for long periods I just decided to drop it and not bother trying to figure it out.