Sign in to follow this  
Guest estevesm

Annoying ATC situation

Guest estevesm

Hello Guys (and Girls, of course) :-)Here's the situation I get when flying IFR from Addison/TX to Texarkana/AR: There is usually one AI plane that is "stuck" in ATC. What that means is that ATC tells it to tune center at xxx.xx, the AI pilot does so, then I can hear on the same frequency the "yyy is with you" and ATC tells it (again!) to tune center in the same xxx.xx. I get so annoyed that I tune another frequency so I can fly the plane and not think about "kamikazing" into the ATC building :-)Any tips on how to get rid of this?RegardsMarcelo

Not sure the problem you are having. Are you sure it is the same plane over and over again? There are lots of planes out there with similar registrations. If you have traffic on 100% and you go near an airport you will get lots of atc chatter. For example flying anywhere near JFK, LGA, EWR will create LOTS of traffic. Of course the atc isn't great at handleing traffic so it causes lots of problems.Anyway:What % is your traffic set at?Are you using the default traffic or did you install something like Project AI or MyTraffic?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest estevesm

It seems to be the same plane, since ATC gives the same registration each time. It sounds like the plane is leaving the airspace and flying back in and so on ...I'm flying close to KDFW, which has a lot of traffic, but this situation happens when I'm half way to KTXK, away from heavy traffic.I have ATC at 80%. I tried 100% before but it was very annoying not to mention the wait in line to takeoff.No, the only add-ons I have are ActiveSky, FSUIPC and FSMaintenance (still in demo).Thanks for the replyMarcelo

Did you replace any airfiles with more realistic updates? I replaced the default Cessna Grand Caravan airfile with the one from RealAir Simulations and I got the same problems. I noticed that it was the airfile when I was using Eric Marciano's F-16 TCAS gauge. The Caravan was diving above and below its cruise altitude, so when it was rising it was on my frequency, then when it started to dive, it was told to switch frequencies, and that's when it immediately started to rise again and contact the frequency I was on. I replaced the new airfile with the default one and I've had no problems since then.

Guest estevesm

hmmmmm.... I did update the Caravan air file to use RealAir's (an excellent model btw).I'll check next time I fly if the ac doing that is a caravan. I guess AI pilots don't know how to fly a more realistic ac ;-)Don't know if I'll revert to M$ original caravan... RealAir's is way better...Thanks!Marcelo