Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliff

What weather settings will produce pink sunsets/sunrise

Guest cliff

I'm jealous. I'm not normally jealous but when I see what glorious sunsets and sunrises others have programmed into FS2002 I crave for them in my own flights.All tips welcome please!

Before you start your flight, just tick dawn or dusk. Else put a time between 4 PM and 5 :30 PM.Hope this helps.Regards,Jinesh.INDIA.

Guest cliff

Thanks Jinesh.I DO get pink skies following your suggestion but can you go one stage further and sugget what clouds to select and what cover they should have to maximise the dramatic effect?I note that you're in India. Isn't modern science amazing? I'm in Spain. It's mind blowing.

Hi,I actually think part of the fun of a flight sim is playing with it. I suggest you load up a small prop - say the Cessna, place it at an airfield near some hills, maybe Scotland or Alaska, set the time for dawn, then pull back a few minutes till the sky is 'dark'. Adjust the clouds to be Cirrus at say 15,000 - try scattered or a similar setting. Add a layer of stratus, make that around the 10,000 level, and then fly! See what happens with that. If it works right, you will get some nice effects as the sun rises. Lower the cloud levels dependent on the height of the hills and you might even get some mist effects.But the best idea is to experiment.Keith

Guest cliff

You're spot on Keith. Absolutely right and thanks for those tips to act as a starting point.I'm going to do just that.Regards................Cliff

Cliff - You can also try some of the FS SkyWorld 2002SE Misc effects, such as the "Disc Sun Orange Red" for a nice sunset....Steve J.

Guest cliff

Thanks Steve. I'll look into that one.

In order to get a really glowing sky it's important to reduce the visibility. Try 20 or 10 miles.And there is a superb addon by Gerrit Kranenbarg:"new_envo.zip" and/or "nw_envo2.zip"Regards,Claudius

Guest cliff

I followed your advice Claudius and am delighted at the result of new_envo.zip.I tried it out at Meigs at dusk and there's a noticable improvementThank you so, so much. I'm learning all the time.