Sign in to follow this  

GA virtual airlines?

I know there are tons of "Big Iron" Virtual Airlines and also another ton of "Bush" VAs, but are there any really good general aviation VAs out there? There have been a lot of great GA aircraft made lately (both payware and freeware) and I would love to find some nice VAs that take advantage of them. Thanks for any help.Jeff

Try:http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/t...nd/homepage.htmTradewind Caribbean Airlines or TCA has a division called Tradewind Domestic Mailservice or TDM. Flying the TDM routes around the islands is a great way to fly for a VA and use GA planes. I have so much fun flying the GA planes on the Mail routes that I would never move up to the heavies. Ken

I asked a similar question several months ago. I tried to drum up some support in creating one, but I got one (yes 1) reply. Maybe the three of us can get together and start something. :-hahDon't knock BFU though, there are a large variety of flights posted in the jobs forum. I tipically fly my Piper Archer, Cessna Cardinal, and ocasionaly the C421 on jobs.I thought of modeling something along the lines of this company:http://www.airnet.com/There was another company, but I have deleted the links, and I can't think of their name right now.I though of having a system similar to BFU where jobs are posted in a forum, so we wouldn't be tied to specific hubs and aircraft.

Hello Someone. I looked at the Airnet website and I think a VA similar to them would be great. I would certainly be interested in joining. Having no experience at developing websites for a VA, I would at least be interested in serving in some support capacity. I too would like a format similar to BFU. I think they have the best. I fly what and when I want. No pressure or mandatory pireps. Larry :-wavehttp://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75.gif

Guest AndrewMal

Larry, if you're an airnet fan I have just the VA for you! Virtual Flight Options (modeled off of the real world Flight Options LLC) is the first "Fractional Ownership" VA. We fly corporate jets all around the country, and the best part is you fly wherever you want, whenever you want. There are no timetables and no aircraft restrictions. Check out the VA at www.virtualflightoptions.tk.-Andrew

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Must have missed that posting :-( Yep, I'd be interested (especially if there was a SeaBird Division), and job listings were modelled upon the BFU system. Heck, just need a Forum (EzBoard?) or mail list (Yahoo?) and aways ya go ...

We'd need some web space (Avsim?), and like you said a message board. There are plenty of free message board scripts, and I have set some up in the past. My HTML and CGI skills are basic and utility like, not to mention very rusty. I could come up with something if it's all we have.To get a BFU type system going, we'd need alot more than four, so perhaps a hub system might work best. Maybe instead of hubs, each pilot works an area out of his/her home base, and flies whatever aircraft he/she wants. It would be nice if we had a random route generator to generate jobs. :)Let's try to drum up some interest and make this work! :)

Easiest way is to generate a list of round robins and/or airports list then assign each one to a playing card, and then simply pull two cards, the first one is where to go and pick up the stuff the second one will be where you drop off the stuff. the great thing about these type of VA's is that you can fly in real time and be 100% realistic since charter ops are on call,- you never know when someone needs a plane for something either pax charter or cargo charter, etc.also here are some other ga varichmond air at www.johnbmays.comalso, eagle express http://www.flyeagle.us/ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Thanks for the replys. I would love to see this idea get off the ground. Let's really try our best to make this work. Keep in touch,Jeffhawk2@adelphia.net

Take a look at Pierglass Aviation. (PGA to her friends.)www.pierglass.comWe are a GA only Virtual Airline and have a unique method of driving our charters. PGA is a crazy bunch of pilots and we have a lot of fun. Make sure you check out our forum. That's where the action takes place.Dave Spurlock