Sign in to follow this  

Which GF4 should I buy? And why???

Which GF4 should I buy? And why???I wanna enhance my PC with a new GF4. Soon the price drops and I wanna have the most fun with FS2k2 and as well in combo with eDimensional wireless glasses. Yep, with my old ABIT GF3T200 GraCa it is terrible and I cannot setup the eD right, no matter what drivers. Well, I have a nice CPU and MoBo and a lot of DDRam.Please tell me which GF4 and why.My system in sort:AMD XP2400Epox 8K3A+ Motherboard768MB DDR RAM 4200WD Cavia HDDsWinXP homeFS2k2 proCurrent GPU: Abit GF3T200 runs good with latest nvidia driver.Now, please your input.CiaoTorben.

Just one anwser anyone you can afford and willing to spent the amount of cash ;-)I've just upgrade from a V7700TI Asus 64 mb DDR Gefore 2 to a V8420S(550 mHz) TI4200 geforce 4... (the new fast series of geforce 4)Hughe difference for me in graphics quality (and some FPS up) and the graphic quality was for me the main reason and since the price drop... I've got already average of 25 fps locked at 26... and all sliders maxed out except gound shadow for buildings and AI...Andr

André

Well, my retailer has some nice cards. But tell me the BIG dif. between the "Asus V8420 Deluxe DVI Vio T42 TV-Out+Glasses" (with Ti4200, 128DDR, RAMclock=550MHz, RAMDAC=350MHz) for 249,98

See the lines on Asus website :-)V8420S/TD/P/128M/AIncorporating 3.3ns and 128MB fast video memory, the ASUS V8420S has the capability to run at a default memory of 550MHz. Combined with a default 260MHz GPU clock rate, the V8420S can actually beat a default Ti4600 solution...Introducing a new dimension in graphics performance, the ASUS V8420 series incorporate nVIDIA's GeForce4 Ti 4200, the world's advanced graphics processing unit (GPU), to deliver an unbelievable graphics experience with infinite possibilities. ASUS V8420 series power through today most advanced multimedia applications with DirectX

André

Well...considering that I ordered my new pc with an Nividia GeForce 4 TI-4600 and am now in the process of exchanging it for an ATI 9700 Pro, I would recommend the ATI card. There's just no comparison if image quality is important to you. For example, in one of the comparison tests I ran flying at 1,000 ft N to downtown Seattle, with AA 4X, AF 4X, MipMapping Best Quality, resolution 1280X960, the Nvidia card ran at 12-14 fps while the ATI card ran at 18-21 fps. At 1600X1024, the 4600 ran at only 10-11 fps while the 9700 Pro still ran at 18-21 fps. And...imho, the visual quality of the 9700 is significantly superior. For example, with the 4600, the downtown high rise buildings shimmy and shake like there's an earthquake while with the 9700, they're rock solid and straight. The 9700 will cost me $95 more than the 4600, but worth twice that to me. Just mho.