Sign in to follow this  
SLKVP

Blinking rwy lights in VC with Carenado Dakota?

I flew the Dakota at night from my home airport (KITH) last night and was surprised to see all the rwy lights blink on and off irregularly. They are fine in 2D cockpit views or external views. I switched planes and they were fine. I tried a few other airports and they were fine too. Why would this happen?David

Guest Moghdad

I've noticed this too. It doesn't happen all the time, though.

Mine did this with the CS 727 and Mig. I was fooling around with new drivers to try and fix the situation. I didn't like the new drivers and went back to the original and that fixed the blinking lights.Try reloading the same drivers you are using. It worked on my system.AMD 1900xp 512 ddr ramgeforce3 ti500 30.87 driverswindows meHave A Good Day !!!! Rex

The same with CS727 but I have a workaround.Keep a backup and rename the extention of the texture that might be used on VC windows. In CS727 there is a nice internal reflections effect that does this problem. if you open the window with Shift+E you see the lights through the window. In CS727 i found that it was the file b727_c0_T.bmp in each texture folder in each aircraft. I renamed the extension so the file could not be loaded an the problem disappeared. I don't have the others and I don't know.BTW, I replaced temporarily my Manli ATI7500 64MB with my old GeForce MXII 32MB on the same system, but I just had the same problem. On a new pc with the same Manli ATI7500 64MB I have the same problem .... go figure.......Samuel KalachorasAthensGreece

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////