Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Needed - frozen lake textures!

I finally did my X-country solo before Christmas but was surprised that the big blue references I had come to rely on in FS2K2 (lakes and rivers) were far less apparent because they are now all white (ice and snow). Is there any way to make the water textures white in certain areas without also freezing the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico?David

You're looking for this:http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/zview?cm=view...&an=Lakeice.gifFS2002 White Ice For Lakes And RiversName: ice-ls.zip Size: 254,529 Date: 03-18-2002 Downloads: 3337 FS2002 White Ice For Lakes And Rivers. These files produce a whiter ice and "freeze" the rivers too. Includes a "copy/paste" effects section for wheel/ski planes to produce a "blowing snow" look and allow for river take-off/landings without the "dirt" showing. Includes Fred Choate's original FS2K2ICE.ZIP textures so that you may choose blue or white ice. By Larry Smith.But if you into snow and ice you may also want to look into this...http://www.flightsim.com/h/snoweff.gifFS2002 Snow EffectsName: snoweff.zip Size: 254,732 Date: 12-11-2002 Downloads: 3762 FS2002 Snow Effects v1.0. Allows you to create snow effects on th ground for FS2002. Also added is the subtle effect of snow falling from the sky as an alternative to the default snow. This effect uses the smoke system for any given aircraft that it is installed into. Effects on frame rates will vary. By Brian Neeld.Both on www.flightsim.com or perhaps here...Regards,Rob "Holland&Holland" de VriesPSsst when you're ready I'll invite you for a...;)http://www.artsoul.homestead.com/files/SnowballFight.jpg

RobdeVries.jpg

Rob,That's amazing! When I posted that I was really asking hypothetically. I visit this site several times a day and have done so for at least a few years. I can't believe something like this snuck by. It probably came out in August and just didn't seem pertinent at the time. Thanks for the tip!David