Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

O/T - Downloading files using OPERA browser?

I have been using OPERA lately. It has a lot of features which I like and I find it to be much faster than IE6. The biggest problem with IE6 is the way that the cache doesn't always work as it should. With OPERA , when you click the "Back" button to go back to a page that you have previously been to, it goes there instantaneously. IE6 frequently redownloads previously visited pages.Anyway - to the question. When downloading with OPERA, a download page pops up . This download page works just like an addon Download Manager programme. It allows you to recommence the download if you get dropped off during a download. My trouble is , I don't know how to get this window back onto the screen if I do have to recommence a download. The only way I can now do it is to start another download of some other file - and when the window pops up, I stop that download and recommence the download I want. I know there is a better way - but can't find it!! :)Any help much appreciated.Barry

Guest Lindy

As JK so succinctly put it -- go up to the menu and click on Windows. In the drop down options, choose Special, then Transfers.I've been using Opera for a while too. I usually like it better than Netscape, but in my case it won't display certain websites correctly. :-( -Lindy :-wave

>I've been using Opera for a while too. I usually like it >better than Netscape, but in my case it won't display >certain websites correctly. :-( Thanks for that info - I knew it would be "right under my nose!" somewhere.Have you downloaded the very latest Opera version at the Opera website. I can't say that I am having any problem accessing any webpages at this stage -- do you have any perticular sites that you can't get into? I like IE and know it inside out - but the cache is BROKEN!!! There is nothing more frustrating than clicking on "back" to go back to a page that was previously displayed fully on your screen - only to find that IE wants to redownload it again!!Barry