Sign in to follow this  

FSHot Seat?

Guest byoung

Bump..Would also like to know more. More comments than would never go back, etc..What do you like? What do you dislike?Barry

Guest Lobaeux4

LOL, I don't think I'd ever need to leave that seat!Lobaeux

Nothing but problems with it..asked for a refund although I doubt I will get it. Does not recognize PSS's A319/320/321 aircraft nor does it recognize PIC 767. I have tried all the tutorials, setups and what not to no avail. PIC76 and PSS A320 are all I fly so it does me no good. Did get it to work with the default but that was it.

Eric 

Guest Lobaeux4

Yeah, payware a/c are all I fly as well. Don't think I'll be getting this one.Lobaeux

Guest gasebah

Tested it, but only with the delivered Baron. Very nice idea, full featured checklists, nice background stuff, it would be a top nothc addon.....if it wasn't for the sounds. Lord, it really sounds like a chess computer from the 70s. Won't use it ( for the same reason why I don't use Radar Contact). The voices suck...Sory,AlexBTW: There is an alternative: FDC.

Guest B52Drivr

Tried it and didn't like it.Hello All,Tried it, downloaded it and all the files that they say Win98SE needed. Couldn't get it to function and, it took me three hours to get my system operating again.Guess I should have known when they said it was actually designed for XP...Oh well.Clay

Some installation problems, read their faq and followed their instructions, then all went fine on my Win Me. Besides that, I love it! Your cockpit becomes so alive, interaction with the copilot, stewardess saying out your name and destination like "welcome to this Delta Airlines flight from New York to Los Angeles skilfully piloted by captain James Bond (for example)", anouncements of weather, cities going by, time left to destination and much much more. There's a DJ on board, now and then you talk to flight operations to your airliner on the ground. There is something happening all the time, and it really makes you feel that you are in the seat of a passenger jet. They'll even scream if you take off too steep. I use it with payware ad-ons like dreamfleet 737 and PSS A320.My opinion: My best add-on so far, that really adds something new to the flightsim experinence.

Just type in the max takeoff weight with the pss 320's on the aircraft meny, and you'll be all set. I guess you'll get a message like "invalid aircraft, correct problems", and in the aircraft meny it will tell you what part is not right. Takeoff weights and like can be found on pages like airliners.net. Just type in the missing information, and off you go.

Guest gasebah

I know that it is all very nicely done. But don't you find the voices annoying. I can hardly understand Bob's checklist items. Is there a way to get rid of the TTS and only have the other effects which are surely great?Alex

You have volume control over all the six people you interact with, as well as over the 13 different sounds like the pushback tug. Any one of them can be turned down to zero. Don't know if i answered the question, don't know what you mean by tts. The only thing I maybe find annoying is that people talk in each others mouth. When Bob, the stewardess and ATC talk at the same time, it can get confusing.

Guest gasebah

With TTS I meant Text-to-Speech which actually is the technology they used for the program. Basically there are lines of text which are "read" by the artifcical voice. There is a file with those lines. You can change those lines and make the program say other things.Alex

I tried out the demo version and had some installation problems, plus a few crashes to desktop while using the entertainment system.The idea is good, but it still needs a lot of work. I found quite a few bugs which I reported to the authors. Don't know if they are hardware related, but I experienced a lot of sound breaking up and also other weird effects.And the voices, well ok, they sound...odd, but I guess I could live with that, any audible checklists are better than nothing. And like the author mentioned on some forum, better quality TTS voices are available from Microsoft, but they would cost more than one copy of FS Hotseat each! (34$ or so..) Pre-recorded sound effects (like on FDC)would be nicer sounding, but the program would lose some of it's flexibility. That would be goodbye to city and country names, pilot name and so on. And I wouldn't even dare to think about the size of the package.I only tried the demo version, but I understand that it's supposed to work with basically any a/c. How does it create the checklists? From the kneeboard file?