Sign in to follow this  

FSHot Seat?

Guest gasebah

>quality TTS voices are available from Microsoft, but they would cost >more than one copy of FS Hotseat each! (34$ or so..)Does that mean there is a possibility to actually exchange the voices in Hotseat with better ones, and how could I achieve that? As I wouldn't mind to pay the bucks.Alex

>>quality TTS voices are available from Microsoft, but they would cost >more than one copy of FS Hotseat each! (34$ or so..)>>Does that mean there is a possibility to actually exchange >the voices in Hotseat with better ones, and how could I >achieve that? As I wouldn't mind to pay the bucks. >Sorry Alex, but I don't think so. I understood that it would be necessary to incorporate the voices into the program itself. Checkout www.fshotseat.com, and go to support/faq section, where it says "Why do the voices suck?".Of course it wouldn't hurt to ask the authors what they think..-jet

Guest Lobaeux4

I went to the website, checked out their forum. The one thing keeping me from purchasing is no WideFS support. I try to run as many programs as possible, RC v3, Activesky, FSFlightmax, and S-Combo on my second computer. If they could do a remote like FSFlightmax does, to enable the use of WideFS, I'd probably look into purchasing. It really looks like an innovative product.Lobaeux

I just started using S-Combo and enjoying it. I was thinking about upgrading to Flight Deck Companion until I saw FSHotseat. My concern is the sound of the voices. Anyways, guess I'll try the demo.

Guest gasebah

I asked if there was a chance that they would implement better voices in the future, and they said that they are looking into it right know.Rgds,Alex

Lobaeux,I agree with you entirely. I think I would get used to the ugly voices (or purchase the better ones) but I don't run anything on my primary computer except FS2K2 and TrackIR. I can't understand why any program that gets its input from FSUIPC can't run on an external system. Seems like a big oversight to me but perhaps they will correct it in the future. I hope so because the addon sounds kind of fun.David

Just FYI for anyone using Flight Deck Companion. I emailed the author, Dave March and he said an update with enhancments is coming for that product.

Eric 

Bought the full version yesterday after initially having problems getting the demo running. Got some help from the admins at the HotSeat site to get it finally working, and from what I can gather the solution to most people's problems with getting it to run are fairly easy to sort out, but the documentation is a little bit lacking in this area so the complaints on the website might be a bit misleading.Personally I highly recommend FS HotSeat, particularly if you fly for a virtual airline, as it gives FS a sense of purpose with the challenge of keeping the passengers happy and trying to hit the arrival gate on time. The co pilot is pretty useful too, since there aren't that many keys to remember in order to get the guy to make himself pretty useful.Don't listen to all the people saying the voices suck, because they don't, yes they are not brilliant, but they are certainly perfectly adequate if you tweek them a bit, which incidentally is very easily done through sliders on the set up interface. They are certainly a lot better than the sort of thing that Visual Flight Designer and Winplanner flight plans utilised, and they were good enough for most people at the time, that is to say people with the ability to immerse themselves in something, instead of whining about why a utility for twenty quid or so doesn't suddenly transform their computer into a thirty million dollar aeroplane! And at least it doesn't screw up all the time like ProFlight did.FSHotSeat is deceptively simple, but it's the kind of utility that FS has needed for years.In conclusion, and as previously related, apart from a few tweeks needed in the documentation, I would unreservedly give it 95 percent. And I know what I'm talking about too. In addition to having made several add ons for FS myself - which you can download from AVSIM, I've also got practically every add on there is for FS, right back from the days when SubLogic published it. And yes, incidentally, in case you are wondering, I am one of those idiots with a B737 cockpit in my spare bedroom. This despite being a qualified pilot LOL!Do yourself a big favour and buy FSHotSeat.

Guest Lobaeux4

LOL, I'm a qualified pilot myself, with a wife hoping I do not put any more game (ie simulator) stuff in my room or on my debit card. I won't be purchasing until I'm sure it'll work on WideFS, although i'm very intrigued by it's premise.Lobaeux

Read your post with interest. I have been playing with the demo for three days and haven,t had a flight yet that worked correctly. You were right about vauge directions. All the developers need to pay attention to this. These things should be fun,not hours of headaches trying to figure out what to do to make it work right. (particularly old slow guys like me-but our $ are still good) Anyway, after getting past the origional flight and off the ground I get the views locked up or and usually end up aborting the flight. I do have My Traffic running and have reverted to the FS Navigator map and one time put the time up tp 2x so I suspect that might be part of the problem. If it is guess I,ll have to pass on this as they are the two best add ons I purchased. This does look like a fun program and the support seems to be there, so if I can get it working corectly I will buy it. I,ll keep on trying and see what goes.Richard